kx80rider

Mar 29, 2002
Hey all, im 14, 5'5 and 120 lbs, i have been rideing for 4 years, and all i do is trail ride, im looking for a 4 stroke for the trails but still have the shocks of a 2 stroke, i do alot of hill climbs and need something with alot of power and can be ridein hard all day, i really like the KLX 300 and is not to tall or heavly, and im tired of working on 2 smokers all day and then brake down the next day, well thanks for any help!
Philip
P.s i have a 2000 kx 80 right now. and i have ridein a cr 250 a few times and did not have any probs but it was just to much bike,

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yes, this bike should be just the ticket if you wish to join the dark side, you may wish to try a KDX200, Gas Gas 200 or KTM200 if you can live with the pre-mix !

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Nah - KLX's tend to be puttsy bikes!!! I have had opportunity to spend a couple days on one and they just dont have the POP that will make you smile!! If you are an avid trail rider you will realise how important it is to be able to loft the fornt end at a instante to get over logs and the like. Yhe KLX, mainly due to its CV carb DOES NOT posess this capability!! This one item is about $450 to correct (pumper carb). Look real close at the WR250F Yamaha!! It has all the whistles and bells and in FREE MOD form it FLYS!!!!
A very popular word of advice that I have quoted many time is "dont buy it till you ride it"! I think I will put that in my signature....
Woodsy

Top Bottom