drunkrussian

Jul 31, 2001
Just want to say they are a great place to order from. I ordered a helmet and they were very polite. And I even had a little chat w/ the operator about my e-mail address.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I am glad to hear that these guys are good. They are located in my town and we will soon be neighbors as I am building a house near where they are located. They have a nice store and carry a lot of goodies.

Chris

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
Jeff is a great guy, as well as his people. They have always treated me well and gone out of their way to provide GREAT customer service.

I have two sons to keep in gear, so I check out his closeouts and get the boys outfitted for about half price.

vetwfo'er

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Warning. This is just a warning. Do NOT use anyone else. In the event that this policy is ignored, you will most likely be prompted to post more "Crapparral" threads.

Hi, Jeff. This is Jack. :)

Buell

Dec 1, 1999
IMHO Finline is better!

(Nomex on)
Never bought anything from them.....Jeff didn't have it or wanted full retail. YMMV:silly:

Had the best luck wth Fineline Racing. Get's anything in the WB catalog, shipped the next day and %15 off.

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Yes I have to agree Jeff runs a great buisness, I order stuff from him almost every week and he always gets it right.He also will match anybodies prices just ask him. And if you do have a problem you can speak directly to Jeff and your problem will dissapear, the guy believes in customer service.

Buell

Dec 1, 1999
Originally posted by slideways11
.He also will match anybodies prices just ask him. .

In my experience that is NOT TRUE, I asked Jeff to match the price I had from Magic Racing on some vented No Fear gear that he had in stock....he declined, so I bought it from them from Magic.:think

I tried three different times to do business with him after reading "rave" reviews here. My experiance has not been as good the rest of you:silly:

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
A few years ago I nearly got myself banished from RMD (back when I still used NewsGroups) for sharing a less-than-positive comment about MX South. The company had achieved "sacred cow" status on RMD, so I tried them. I figured that if they were so great, then I should expect to receive the best service and best price. Great service, yes, but not the best price (full retail). Didn't realize you have to shop around first, then call MX South and haggle. And I don't know if they still drop-ship from the distributors, but back then they did, and I was still charged S&H. So I went back to my regular sources for mail order stuff, i.e. the ones who show you their best price and don't make you have to haggle. Funny how stuff like that sticks in your mind.

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I ordered handlebars from them on tuesday and they were on my steps today. I did see the handle bars on another site for $10.00 cheaper, but it was to late. Another company I've had great service from is www.btosports.com

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I've bought a few things from MX South & although my account is not even close to some of MX South's bigger client's they always seem to have time to give decent advice and help me make a educated buying decision.

There is a big gap between cheap & value and over all MX South has great value

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
One thing that I didn't like was the "what price did you get elsewhere" thing. I like to call somebody up and have them give me a price and forget it (buy it or not). I don't want to deal with the salesman "what can I do for you" crap. "This is the retail" I don't want to know what the retail is just tell me what your price is. This is like the classic "let me talk to the manager" crap. They gave me a decent price and I got what I wanted earlier than I expected so I guess I shouldn't complain but why not just tell it like it is instead of this "let me see what I can do" sht. This is what I didn't like about MXsouth. I'll try them again and see what happens next time.

shredda

May 20, 2001
I'm not that happy with MX South. Recently I was in the need for new sprockets. I checked the the online ordering form and Renthals were $48 (rear) $20 (front) however they didn't have ultralight fronts on there online ordering, so I order by fax (same rear sprocket that cost $48 on the online catologe, and ultralight front). Since I din't have the price calculated I assumed that the sprockets would be the same price (the front would be about $5 more) When I got my reciept in the mail they charged me retail. ($65 rear) and ($33 front) my total was over $100.:(

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by KaTooMer
The company had achieved "sacred cow" status

You'll probably see similar views here. Given how competitive the retail sales market is there must be SOME reason that so many people feel that way about a company. :)

I've made a couple of friends in the motorcycle business who I can buy things from but in spite of that over the years MX South tends to get my business more often than not.
It seems more people have positive experiences with them than negative and at the end of the day that's more than you can say about most retail businesses.

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Rich - I agree. They all have their good days and bad days. I boycotted Chaparral for a long time because of lousy service, but since they dumped Team McGrath and put the focus back on retail, they've actually improved enough that I order a few things from them now. I tend to spread my business, for no particular reason except some companies do better with certain products. Bridgestone = Chaparral, Michelin = Donelson Cycles, FMF = Hi-Per Sports, Acerbis/UFO = Dennis Kirk, KTM-parts-in-a-hurry = Holeshot Racing.

Top Bottom