Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
The wife and I camped at Hollister Hills SVRA this past Friday thru Sunday. :yeehaw: Being there from daybreak to dark both Saturday and Sunday got us front row seats for a show we didn't buy tickets for... The riding gear change over. Guys and gals if you can spend 6 to 8 grand for a bike/quad and gear spend $30.00 more for 'compression shorts', 'cycling spandex', or even baseball 'sliding shorts' and wear them to the track and back home. If this idea is too much to deal with change inside your truck or at least take your momma's advice and wear clean underpants. No one especially the kids, needs to see your cherry red monkey butt :moon: or bagged out, streaked briefs :silly: while you're getting ready to ride or go home.
Just show a little class

Last edited:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Guilty as charged. I've been meaning to get a pair of compression shorts since I began racing but never think about it till it's too late. I wasn't born modest so it doesn't bother me but then again, I try not to blind anyone either.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I use compression shorts too.

Jeff and others: Carry a large towel, wrap it around yourself and change your shorts in a modest manner. :)

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
pics?

;):D

I don't think there is a modest way to go about changing. Just gotta be quick about it :)

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Compression shorts are great for riding, I won't ride without 'em.. But they are not so great for wearing all day! My pork and beans get very claustraphobic in there and need to breath! I've worn them all day before but it felt like I was being awful cruel to Jimmy and the twins.

I try to wait to change until nobody's looking, but if that scenario isn't likely to happen, then it's go time.. If you don't like what you see, look the other way for fifteen seconds. :)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Originally posted by Camstyn
Compression shorts are great for riding, I won't ride without 'em.. But they are not so great for wearing all day! My pork and beans get very claustraphobic in there and need to breath! I've worn them all day before but it felt like I was being awful cruel to Jimmy and the twins.
:laugh: Amen brother! I wear my boxers underneath them so I can atleast have something on underneath them when I done riding. So as not to flash anyone.

B

biglou

The Thor riding shorts are padded, offer some compression, but are made of cotton, or something that breathes better than cycling shorts. They don't squeeze yer business quite so tight, either...

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Call me crazy, but when there's a big stinky dude changing into or out of his gear I have something special that I do...I DON'T LOOK! ;) It seems to have worked pretty well for me so far.

I'm not familiar with your fancy-schmancy "compression shorts" but I can't imagine being any more "compressed :eek: " than I already am when I ride.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
regarding compression shorts, get the cotton/lycra (fuzzy looking) shorts not the nylon/lycra (shiny looking). they are much more comfortable and you can wear them all day. i've been doing it for years.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Call me modest but I wear spandex under my shorts to the riding areas and under my riding pants when I change. As it is, I don't even like stripping down to the spandex because it shows too many lumps and bumps. :eek:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Green Horn
it shows too many lumps and bumps. :eek:
They say it aint no big thang :p

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
OMG, so yer misses saw another guys twig n berries. I don't think her world 's going to end. :silly:
By the fact that you know his underpants were not clean makes me wonder if you were tak'en a longer stare than her? :eek:
Kan't figger out if yer embareassed or jelleous.
Besides, I thought all you Kaliforni's ran around neeked.
:yeehaw: <----- neeked banana guy!!! :p

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert

They say it aint no big thang :p

That's why I compensate by riding a BIG dirtbike. :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I always wear shorts underneath, although the front is mesh so when I change I usually turn around so my front is facing my truck.

Aren't jerseys long enough to usually cover naughty bits for the few seconds it takes to change?

Dirt bikers have got to be the least modest group of people I know. The first time I went to a race and walked around in the pits, I spent the whole time trying not to look like I was looking. Some of it was nice, some of it was not. But I love the pits after the first moto--all the guys walk around in their moto pants with no jersey. Thank you God for making two sexes.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by firecracker22
But I love the pits after the first moto--all the guys walk around in their moto pants with no jersey.

i started to post something about making things fair then i remembered my daughter races. :eek:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
bagged out, streaked briefs

Sounds like the guy needs to slow down and quit scarin' himself!

:eek:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by firecracker22
But I love the pits after the first moto--all the guys walk around in their moto pants with no jersey. Thank you God for making two sexes.

Whoa!! Not me. I have vowed to never show my man boobies in public. :laugh:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Wear sunglasses in the pits. That way, no one can tell that you're looking. If no one sees you looking, it didn't really happen.

I do the long jersey trick. I can stand around sans culottes and nobody even notices. :yeehaw: (Procedure not recommended for breezy days.)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by mx547

i started to post something about making things fair then i remembered my daughter races. :eek:

Just think, in a few years she'll be dating moto-boys (already is? how old is she?)

I need to tone up a bit before I wander around in moto pants and a sports bra or tank top.

Top Bottom