Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I was making my weekly visit to the freight damage store today. While looking through the auto shocks I found something not quite so automotive.

It is a Works Showa shock. The spring is marked 5.3 B. The shock shaft is 16mm. The only other marking on it is a serial number and some hand writing at the top. "TR" it says. This fits the CRF 250/450 bikes. Ti coated shaft, everything. Not one speck of dirt on it. I suppose it was lost on its trip back from the rebuilder (possibly race tech).

The shock shows some nicks, but no damage. The thing is beautiful..I dont know whether I should sell it or frame it. It is that cool. I can send someone a picture, but I have no idea how to post one myself.

Does anyone have any idea of what a person could get for a used shock of this caliber????

I wonder how much work would be involved in making this fit my YZ 250???

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
There are 2 different kits a A and B, the A kit i believe has the bigger damping rods, however the std rm250 now has a large shock rod as well i think.

They cost alot to buy new but a B kit one is only a normal showas with coatings i believe, to get it to fit the yz would take some work.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Marcus, this shock has your name all over it....I wonder what a fair price woudl be on the used market?

Pro Circuit offered me "compensation" if I sent it in. I wonder if this is the way to go?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Pro Circuit would probably just offer you a free port job or revalve for it. Definately not worth it...

Top Bottom