GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
This is the third year in a row that Team Shred Betty will be making an appearance at the annual Starvation Ridge 24 Hour Grand Prix held up in Southern Washington State. (Although this year it's going to be 25 hours due to daylight savings time! ;) )

Once again, the Betty's are comprised of six women from four different states (CA, WA, ID, OR) and I couldn't be more proud to be a part of this team.

I'll be flying in from California once again, as I really don't enjoy driving. Because I somehow manage to get others to drive my bike and gear the long haul up to Washington while I fly, my friend Mark (Velosapiens) had dubbed me "Factory Pro Girl" I really love that name because I'm also the slowest Betty on the Team, lol.

The Betty's are an all KTM team. This year, KTM has agreed to provide each of the Betty's with $100 worth of gear..... if we win our class :debil: Which brings me to my next topic..

COMPETITION: We have our work cut out for us this year!! :nod:

Year 1 - The Betty's are victorious!!!!!! However, we are the only women's team entered out of 50 teams that showed up to race. The Shred Betty's earn a place in history as the FIRST all-women's team to race a 24 hour event. The Betty's are treated to lots of high-fives, free stuff from vendors, and a sponsorship from Cyclops, the official light dudes of the 24 hour.

Year 2 - The Betty's pick up speed all around and barely edge out the only other Women's team entered, the Over The Bars Gang Ladies. The OTBG is the race host. It goes down to the wire on the final laps and the Betty's are not sure of their placing until the trophies are handed out. The OTBG team has a wicked fast racer by the name of Judy Winters (rumor has it she clocked 80 mph in the fast sections... :ohmy: ) The Bettys, however have gobs of team spirit and a 16-year old by the name of Sarah Neff. Sarah is li'l sis to big brother Paul, a US Team ISDE racer. The family has racing in their genes, as mother Beth also brings home laps for the Betty's. We would gage Sarah's speed by the amount of trash talking she did back at the pit regarding all the guys she picked off on the course. Heh.

Year 3 - So here we are once again! The popularity and rumors of a fun race spread far and wide and the OTBG can barely keep up with the number of teams entering, limiting entry to 100 teams. The popularity among female racers has also risen and we understand that this year there are at least three teams entered.

The face of Team Shred Betty has changed up a bit, this year we have two founding members still intact (Myself and Katy Betty) as well as returning Betty, Tia, and three new hot, fast, racing women with a solid race record to thier credits (Welcome Darcy Betty, Amanda Betty, and Cindi Betty!)

That's GIRL POWER for ya! Rumor has it that Maria Forsberg, Womens AA GNCC racer will be on a local Washington team, as well as DRN's own Firecracker22. :cool: I can't wait to see all these women racers out there, this year is going to be kickass!!!

Here's some race info:
http://www.overthebarsgang.com/home.php

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i cant wait for the actual race report. the others were really good nat. go get em!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
sweet sounds like fun! Good luck this year and bring home a win!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Good luck Ladies :cool: Hav fun and bring home a win and a story :cool:
Rick

RockyRoads

Sponsoring Member
Aug 28, 2003
Hey, Natalie!
Good luck out there! Your Shred Betty after-the-race reports are always SO entertaining! I can't wait to read about all of the fun times!
Kathy
P.S. Congrats on the new job!!!

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Hey Kathy (rockyroads)! Great to see you on the site again! Hope you are feeling well!

Petra

p.s. I sprained my ankle and knee last week doing the trails by my house in the rain!!! Turns out the SOCAL dirt is a little different from Hollister dirt...hmmmm, it's a big slippery,claylike mess and it ate me up and spit me out!

Top Bottom