Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Hadn't been riding for 6-8 weeks until this weekend. :) When I grabbed my Cell's (6 months old) out of their bag to put them on, I noticed that the top half was misaligned to the bottom. (ie: as you looking at them from front or back, the two halves were displaced by about 1/4" or so) I was able to 'straigthen' them by hand.

So fiddling a bit I noticed that there is quite a bit of lateral movement between the two halevs at the hinge point. I'd never noticed before. Is this normal? Are they all like this? I guess in my mind it doesn't seem right as I would have thought that was an action of the knee joint the braces were trying to stop. :think:

Are anyone elses like this? (Braces themselves are in excellent condition and I've only had a couple of minor crashes onto them since new)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Max Factor said:
Hadn't been riding for 6-8 weeks until this weekend. :) When I grabbed my Cell's (6 months old) out of their bag to put them on, I noticed that the top half was misaligned to the bottom. (ie: as you looking at them from front or back, the two halves were displaced by about 1/4" or so) I was able to 'straigthen' them by hand.

So fiddling a bit I noticed that there is quite a bit of lateral movement between the two halevs at the hinge point. I'd never noticed before. Is this normal? Are they all like this? I guess in my mind it doesn't seem right as I would have thought that was an action of the knee joint the braces were trying to stop. :think:

Are anyone elses like this? (Braces themselves are in excellent condition and I've only had a couple of minor crashes onto them since new)

The hinge is designed to have direct side to side movement, but if you were able to straighten (hyperextend) them the cables need to be replaced asap. Call Laura at 800-459-2999 X201 and tell her you need a cable replacement kit, it will go out the same day.

B?

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Pulled them apart. Cables are fine and dont hyperextend. I can see how the side to side movement works with the way the pivot is designed and the black plastic retainers are located via the ball joints. I suspect that the ball joints have worn in over the few months and move more freely than I was used to, hence the thought something had changed.
Thanks for the repl.

Top Bottom