scrambler220

Mar 3, 2000
I'll be ordering a pair of boots in the next week or so, but can't decide on which style to get. I like the idea of being able to easily replace the sole, but have always heard the SRS is a really stiff sole. I'm sure you can buy the tradtional sole and have it sewn on, I'm just not sure how a new sole would effect the sizing. As a side note, how well do the traditional soles wear? I've got a pair of axo RC-5's right now, and have worn them down to the shank, so sole durability is on my mind.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I had the regular soles...
Of note: They would catch on the brake peddle on my YZ, but not the CR.

They'll last a LONG time, I use(d) IMS Pro pegs which are VERY sharp and never saw any wear at all. They are a lot softer material than say, Alpinstars, which allows them to absorb the teeth of the peg rather than get chewed-up.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I've had both the SRS, and the regular sole and like the regular sole better. The SRS did allow you to keep your boots closer to the frame (narrower sole), but this did come at the expense of a stiffer feel. The first few weeks with the SRS's were spent trying to find \ feel the brake pedal and shifter. I did eventually get used to them and they worked well, but I ended up having a problem with the sole seperating. After making a few phone calls, Motonation's customer service shipped me out a brand new, non-SRS boots (my choice) to replace my one-year old SRS boots. Upon trying the non-SRS boots, I was really happy with the Sidi's, and didnt experience the long break-in period that seemed to cause me problems with the SRS soles. Excellent customer service and a very protective boot. I am very happy with these boots.

Top Bottom