89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
these boots are expensive but worth every penny. they are just plain awesome. i have 4 rides on mine and its like riding in tennis shoes. im glad i got these things. just info not an ad i dont sell em just wear em

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
thanks for the info., im plannin gon getting them myself. i was going to buy tech 6's but i heard that the flex force were the most protectivce and im looking more for protection than comfort in boots.

Surfrider55

Jul 25, 2003
I have apair of the SIDI force flex, in white, red & blue and have two rides on them. They are just great and the adjustable features on them as well allow room for my Asterisk Braces. Well worth the money.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine!!!

rocky01

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2003
I have a pair of the Flex Force. I didn't want to take 'em off on the first day of trail ridn' when we were packin' up to head home. I've worn them twice since. Well worth the money. Great support. (Not a compensated commercial endorsement!) Happy Trails!

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
I wear the SIDI Force Flex - expensive, but well-worth the cost. I have wider feet, they are wider than Tech 8s. They require very little, of any, break in time. I am a personal trainer, and have decent calves - they are the only boot which allows adjustment and fit. They completely seal out the moisture/mud, even when I'm knee deep in Hawaiian muck. In my opinion, the best boot on the market.

Aloha!!!
TrailTramp

MackMoto

Oct 26, 2003
I've got a set of these on the way, though I'm wondering if I commited a serious gaff by ordering the SRS soles. I went that route, as with my big feet I wanted the smaller footprint of the SRS sole, but I'm afraid they are going to be too stiff. I will be using them for dessert riding, Copper Canyon trips, etc. If anyone has been able to try both the SRS and standard soles, I would love to hear your take on the diff's. TIA Mack

jski

Sponsoring Member
Apr 5, 2001
I like the fit of the boot but hate the replacing the plastic C clips. I have went through 4 C clips in 10 rides on these boots and I don't know if anyone else here has experienced this but when the clip disappears the boot at the pivot point falls apart. Any ideas on how to stop this from happening? Really like the fit of the boot however.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Jski - Sounds like something is defective with the C-clip recess or maybe the way it's put in. I have around 1,000 miles of trail on mine, and no problems. Have Motonation take a look at them - this shouldn't be happening.

jib

Jan 23, 2000
jski, I'm having the same problem, if it's not the c-clips, it's the buckles. I've lost 6 of them so far. I've also lost 7 screws. I now use loctite on them even though moto nation recommended not using it. Even with all those other problems, the biggest one by far is the fact that I twist my knees in these boots all the time. This never happened in my alpinestars(3 pairs), gaerne, or oneil boots. There's no doubt that the ankle protection of these boots is superior to the boots i mentioned above, but because of it the ankle doesn't absorb any side to side motion. It sends it right to your knees. I've used these boots , flex force, for 7 hare scrambles now , and I've twisted my knees during every race. I stopped using the sidi's, because I needed parts , and used my gaerne sg-1's for the last race of the year, and guess what no twisted knees. I'm not sure what i'm gonna do.

jski

Sponsoring Member
Apr 5, 2001
Thanks Jib,

I have e-mailed Sidi several times this past week because I am out of the clips they supplied with the boots but so far no response. The dealer here in SL also told me to contact Sidi about this problem and the spare clips because they do not carry the parts. Oh well at least it's snowing here or I would have to wear my old Tech 5's to ride. Anyone here know where to buy the clips?

Thanks

SN22

Jun 15, 2000
Try this site if you haven't already, 3 pages of spares for the Flex force. I had a pair but didnt like the way the inner plastic peices also got snagged on my airbox and wear tearing it up so i sold them.
http://www.motonation.com/product.asp?cid=13&scid=97&pg=2
Good Luck!
Scott

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I'm pretty sure the clip on mine got wrecked from rubbing on the rear brake cylinder and sub frame bolts. Frame guards might help there.

I'm a little disappointed with short life of boots in general. I keep reading stories of guys getting 5 years from a pair of boots. My sidis are probably 18 months old and several holes worn in the leather.. and they starting leaking about 6 months in. My tech 6's were no better. The sidis are the most comfortable tho, so I guess I'll be getting them again next time.

Top Bottom