SIDI Flex Force SRS-One season review

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I bought these boots in the spring and raced one season on them. The boot's are great but it seems like the leather that they used on the boots was to soft. My previous boots were Alpinestars tech 8's and compared to them, the SIDI's just haven't held up. After one season, the stitching on the boots have come loose and the leather on the toe of the boot has really gotten beat up. I have written to SIDI to see if this is covered under their warrenty. Untill I hear back, i'll let the picture speak for itself.

Attachments

• p1010001.jpg
    p1010001.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,528

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I have to agree with the others, dude your hard on boots!

Mine were used when I got them and are still going strong 2 yrs later. I have lost a couple of stitches attaching the sole on the right boot only, but these are easily fixed. I previously had Tech 8s and although very comfy, I went through 3 soles in that same period and the plastic all around the toe area was dryrotting (full of little cracks). My Sidis aren't as pretty, but they have been tough.

Going to gamble on Oxtars this season...got new ones on the way.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I would contact www.motonation.com about warranty coverage. Their boots are some of the best available in terms of quality, protection, and comfort, but manufacturing defects do happen from time to time.

Curious.... do your boots get wet a lot? When I first got mine, I took some good weather proofing oil/grease and rubbed it into all the leather areas of the boot, then heated it with a blow dryer to really impregnate the material. I repeat this about once or twice a year; keeps the boots waterproof and the leather material, stitching, and glue from drying out.

I did have a small problem with the plastic edge of the bottom strap digging into the top of the leather toe area. I called Motonation when it first started, and they said they would cover it if it continued and cut through the leather. It hasn't gotten any worse in the last 2 years.

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I contacted Motonation and I'm sending in my boots today for them to check for warrenty work. I wash my boots everytime I wash my bike if they are muddy, if not, I just leave them as they seem to take a long time to dry out. I didn't think about water proofing them, didn't think I should have to... there motocross boots... I kept them as clean and as dry as I could. To their credit, everything else held up great. The soles look good after a full season and all the buckles are fine. I didn't think I was hard on boots. I just ride, and most of it is on the track so its not like I'm kicking rocks or tree roots.

I should hear back from motonation in about a week so I'll keep it updated.

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I sent my boot's in to Motonation before Christmas to be looked at for warranty work. Yesterday I got a box back with a brand new pair :cool: . No questions asked, just sent the new boots so I'd have to say Motonation's reputation for good warranty coverage is well justified. :)

Top Bottom