firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well I got my new Sidi Flex Force boots from the friendly brown-clad UPS man. :cool: I haven't ridden in them yet but here is what I can say:

They fit nice. I wear a size 7.5 in women's shoes, but the Sidi size 7 fit fine with the ultra-thick MSR socks I prefer. They are comfy and solid and flexible all at once.

The buckles are way easy to fasten, undo and adjust.

The boots are infinitely adjustable in about 6 different directions! I'm exaggerating but in addition to the buckle straps, you can also take off the piece on the inside of the calf and make it bigger or smaller. There is more than an inch of difference. I kept it on the same bolt holes (there are 2 different bolt positions) but slid the adjustable bolts as far out as they would go. I don't have super huge legs or anything but my Asterisk braces take up a LOT of room. The velcro inner piece barely closes at the very end of the velcro strip.

So far, I am very happy with them. My roommates were laughing at me as I was doing dishes wearing them with my moto pants. I gotta make sure they fit right, ya know!

The main criticism I have heard of the boots is that the hinge (the boot is actually hinged at the ankle) tears up the frame and vice versa. I have frame guards though so I am not too worried. Also, while this is not a criticism at all, it is a heads up--you should spend a few minutes wearing all of the gear you will be wearing while riding and try on the boots and walk around in them, adjusting the buckles and the calf adjustment to get it just right for you. The calf adjustment makes it a little more complicated than normal boots.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Great report on the Sidi's, FC22! :thumb:

I went out yesterday and bought myself a pair of Tech 6's at my favorite moto shop.  I had tried on a few different boots and these suited me fine.  I had been wearing Thor T-20's for a year now, and they're just not protecting my feet the way I need them to.  The Thor's were a bargain price compared to other boots on the market, but I paid the price in comfort and the straps would come undone while riding quite often.  Ah well, they served their purpose.

The Tech 6's are comfy and I can feel a greater sense of cushioning and protection from the minute I put them on.  I had a little trouble adjusting one buckle strap, but once I got it figured out I was able to put it in place easily.  The protection around the ankle and shin seems plentiful.  I bought a size 7, I normally wear a ladies size 9 shoe, but I prefer thinner socks instead of the thicker moto socks on the market so they fit just fine.

I started doing housework in the boots to try and work them in a bit before my next ride, but my right ankle and foot is still bruised and tender from last week's get off. I'll have to save this activity for another week.  Too bad I can't put the housework off another week as well :cool: FC22, I can't picture you doing dishes....lol! Too bad you don't have a cat - I swear cleaning the litter box is one of the best boot break-in activities you can have. Bend and Scoop!  Bend and Scoop!  Oh yeah, and then there's pulling weeds, cleaning the toilet, and smashing snails - all good activity for boot break-ins.

By the way, if anyone has a child or beginner rider who would like a pair of used Size 7 Thor T-20's to get them started I'd be happy to send them your way.

FC22 - Good for us for getting new boots! :yeehaw:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Congrats on the new boots! Isn't it a cool feeling? Like Christmas or something. I was tempted to wear them to work yesterday (had to make up time on a saturday--no sick leave yet, not that I was actually SICK or anything). I should have; I have a pair of jeans that will go over the top of them, though they look funny.

I do dishes occasionally, like when I run out of forks. :confused: I used to have a cat, but my mom temporarily adopted her since we can't have animals where I live now. Pulling weeds--Hm, no yard--smashing snails--no snails--cleaning toilet--well, I guess that one will work.

I am going to keep my Formas around. A friend of mine has been interested in riding, and my mom got a TW200 for Christmas though she hasn't ridden it yet. It still needs a few things plus they have snow where she lives. So I might give or sell them to either of those two or just keep them and bring them with me when I go riding.

I am going riding today--boot break in report later!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I love them even more! I didn't even know they were there. They were comfortable, lightweight and while they are stiffer than my old boots, I had no problems shifting or braking. I put in a decent day of riding at the ORV park and had not a single problem with them.

Well, I take that back. My one complaint is that they weren't all that waterproof. I don't know if it was coming over the top or in through the ACS calf adjustment part, but my feet did get a little wet after splashing through puddles.

They're not so good to drive in either, but oh well.

Other than that, I'm happy.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I just found a small flaw with my Sidi's last weekend. Be careful of the inside ankle hinge catching on the footpeg if you go to stab your foot down to the ground near the bike. I've ridden with these boots for over a year and this is the first time I noticed it. It's not a very nice feeling to lose balance on single track, attempt to touch your foot to the ground and come up a little short. I used my Dremel to grind down and smooth out that transition area, so hopefully it won't happen again.

Top Bottom