JMD

Jul 11, 2001
My totally unofficial list of likely attendees at the Muenster ride April 16-18. We should have the park all to ourselves. We'll have a few loosely organized activities (trials section, hillclimb, dinner?), and lots of good riding. I'm trying to get a good group to make it worth Mrs. Harris's while letting us have the park reserved, so if you think you're going, let me know.

1. Grady
2. Stan Flemmings (Brian250)
3. Enduro Nut
4. Lorin
5. TX246
6. Tony Eeds (Teeds)
7. JMD
8. Jimbo
9. Scott
10. Nobiman
11. Derick (Nobi's nephew)
12. Elder loonatic
13. Loonatic (YZguy)
14. Loonatic's little lady
15. Bigfootok
16. Madcoy
17. AlanG
18. Boggs
19. Lambert
20. OldMaicoNut
21. Keetoman
22. Dirt Dragon
23. Roost-U and daughter and friend
26. Curtis (Cycle Town South)
27. Bobby (Cycle Town, also)
28. OKKXer
29. DWreck
30. Kodiak450
31. Russtwentyfour
32. Latebraker
33. 57red
34. Ranchonodinero and two kids
37. Noskillsracing
38. 1Trackmind
39. Mark Faulk
40. Brian Storrie

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Mrs. Harris has agreed to let us have the park to ourselves April 17th and 18th. We can also ride the 16th, though there may be others there that day. We will have to use the third gate, and I'll have the combination. PM me for that, closer to the date.

DirtDragon

Oct 22, 2003
could I get some more information about this? Where is it going to be located at? What is cost of entry? I am inbetween jobs rightnow, but would love to head out there!

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Sounds like fun! Sign me up and maybe another! I have always wanted the whole place to ride and not worry about people going the wrong way. I have been there marking loops before but that wasn't much fun as a get together ride!

Any chance of getting into Bill's Woods? Haven't ridden there in years!

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Oh man! That sounds like a total blast!

I am not sure if I'll make it because I'm having surgery on my hand on March 31 to correct the damage that was done when I broke it last April. :ugg:

You guys have fun without me.... sniff sniff. :whiner:

-jeffd

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Keeto, I'm working on Bill's Woods. Would also like to have the Schoolhouse and Pipeline sections to ride as well. We'll see.

Dragon, check out the Red River Motorcycle Trails website. The park is 2,500 acres of hills cut by creeks and topped with rocky outcroppings. The trails are mostly second- to third-gear tight, sandy woods, with some rocks. There are also lots of fast, whooped-out trails. The park borders the Red River, so there are long sandbars to blast at high speed, if you want. PM me if you want more info. But you should definitely come to the MuensterFest. It's the best riding in Texas, for sure.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
loonatic = yzguy15... we should be there. haven't talked to the old man yet, but I doubt he'll want to miss this. either way I should be there. Sorry bout the surgery Jeff, how long will you be MIA?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Here's how it's going to work for the MuensterFest: Mrs. Harris wants us to stay away from the front gates, to keep from irritating people who drive up not knowing the park is closed. So we'll have to use the third gate and park where the trials guys usually stay. I'll have the combination for the gate, so our MuensterFest guys will have to call me for the code. We'll have a sign-up booth in a central location. Everybody will have to sign the waiver and put his $8 a day in the envelope, and I'll take the money up front and put it in the mailbox. (Either that or I'll take off for Mexico, depending on how much money there is.) So as we get closer, I'll post a notice for everyone to PM me, or call me on my cell to get the code. I'm getting stoked about this.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Keetoman said:
JMD, you da man! I haven't been this excited since they came out with sliced bread!

I thought bread always came pre sliced... :p

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Show some respect for your elders, you young whipper-snapper!

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Please put OKKX'er and DWreck on the list, we'll be in Dallas Friday evening, do they have a camp ground at the park? Neither of us have ever been there, looking forward big-time.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
OKKX'er said:
Please put OKKX'er and DWreck on the list, we'll be in Dallas Friday evening, do they have a camp ground at the park? Neither of us have ever been there, looking forward big-time.

Yes - great camping areas. What about Craig - can you talk him into coming??

It will be a great time! :yeehaw:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Right in the middle of the SX weekend!
17th at the race, 18th at Nocona.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
There is camping, but no hook-ups available to us this time. We have to go in the triple-gate, and cannot use the front parking areas or the big meadow. The park is officially closed that weekend, except to us, and the landowner doesn't want to anger other people who show up to ride and find the park closed, then see us buzzing around inside. But there are nice spots to camp, and decent outhouses up where we'll be.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Okie writes: "Right in the middle of the SX weekend!
17th at the race, 18th at Nocona."

Sorry, Okie. But the only reason we get the place all to ourselves is that it's scheduled to be closed for the supercross. The landowner is a big fan. If your plans change Sunday, come on out. Just be sure to get the gate code from me before then.

Jim

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Something tells me that Okie won't skip a day of MXing for a day of playing in the woods.;)

I can't wait! I got the 250 back together and all is well with it. With all this rain, this ride may be it's first since the rebuild.

Good luck with the race this weekend!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Stan, that's good news regarding your 250. I have my 400 running again as well. The loose nut had passed between the timing chain and sprocket, and it caused the chain to skip a tooth on the sprocket, but nothing was broken. And we found the last piece of that nut down around the flywheel, also. Runs like a champ. I'll ride it in the enduro Sunday. I think we're all prepared, but you never know what can go wrong.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Dang, that's the BJEC races at Braggs, Ok. It's a 2 day race, Sat. and Sun.
It's unlikely I'll make it down....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom