XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I just got a call from one of the road foremen, and it made me realize something that just ain't good.

It's a sad state of affairs when I can spout off the phone number for our attorney or our accountant without even having to think about it, but if someone asks my cell phone number I have to look it up every dang time!

So what's your sign of the apocalypse?

Roger Clemens saying Andy Pettite "disremembers" is a good one too . . .

gracey

Feb 1, 2008
XRpredator said:
I
So what's your sign of the apocalypse?

1.) The fact that I know the personal pet peeves of some guy in Idaho, Indiana, Canada or Texas, but I don't know my nice neighbor, his new wife's or their teenage son's names, perhaps? (Even though we shovel their walk, and drive the missus when it is too icy for her southern driving skills! Apocolypse or no, we still know how to be kind!)

2.) Talking to strangers on the Internet as if they actually cared what I think?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
gracey said:
1.) The fact that I know the personal pet peeves of some guy in Idaho, Indiana, Canada or Texas, but I don't know my nice neighbor, his new wife's or their teenage son's names, perhaps? (Even though we shovel their walk, and drive the missus when it is too icy for her southern driving skills! Apocolypse or no, we still know how to be kind!)

2.) Talking to strangers on the Internet as if they actually cared what I think?

Yeah, the fact that I have more "Internet Friends" than I do real friends is pretty scary.. But, in this day and age, its cool. At least "Internet Friends" don't bug me to ride my bike!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
IndyMX said:
Yeah, the fact that I have more "Internet Friends" than I do real friends is pretty scary.. But, in this day and age, its cool. At least "Internet Friends" don't bug me to ride my bike!!
You haven't been to Dirt Week.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
My thoughts exactly Patman ... if it weren't for the internet, I wouldn't have near as many great friends from DW and DRN in general.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
When I went to DW in OK the first time I had 2 bikes. A 2001 YZ250F and a 2003 CRF450. I spent a lot of time riding the CRF but rode the YZF in the team harescramble.

I can honestly say that between Gomer, me and a few other guys that neither one of my bikes sat still for very long.

I have never been in such a large group of people that I felt I could trust to just leave my bike and if I came back if it was gone I knew someone was riding it and it would be back soon.

The comaraderie was unbelievable.

Ivan

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
The sign will be if I ever watch brokeback mountain, then it's time to run for the hills and beg for redemption!

It is a wierd world when we have friends around the globe. I hate to say it, but I just don't have many local friends, I started the family early and lost many of the high school buddies, no idea where they even went. Then I work long hours often 6-7 days a week, which gives me no time to socialize, and all my spare time goes to my immediate family! Leaves me with online forums during work hours :whoa:

OK, what friend wants to come and help roof my house :) 50+ squares of summer fun, I'll buy the lemonade! ;) and after that we can paint the barns!!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
BigRedAF said:
Or my wife!

Errr.. yeah, that too.. Although I am happily not married. But, I still don't want any of you trying to get with my lady. That just wouldn't be neighborly. :think: :yell:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom