jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
On my bike, I'm notcing spooge drips after each time I ride on my swingarm right underneath the rubber seal between the silencer and head pipe. Yesterday when I was putting my carb back on and routing the vent hoses, my hand was a sticky black mess of spooge, very gross. Anyway I was cleaning it off today and I noticed that there is a small lip on the silencer tube that's inserted into the rubber mount. The mounting piece is flush with that. Should that part be inside of the seal? I could not push the silencer in any further and it was tightly bolted to my subframe. I was just wondering if maybe because it wasn't in all the way, I was getting spooge out of it. It's a 2001 CR125, with stock pipe and silencer. Usually my bike doesn't spooge too much, not at all after she's warmed up really, but on most hard riding days I notice this. Anyone want to help me out?

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
My rubber piece split and after trying to do a couple quick fixes, I finally took it off and now am using some hi-temperature silicone gasket maker where they connect. My bike is running much like yours, when revved out at the track it does not spooge, but when lugging through the woods it does a bit. But this has been working great for me so far. Of course, this makes it difficult to take off. Just an idea.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Yeah you are correct about it being difficult to take off. The next time I take my subframe off, I'm going to clean off the ooze from the inserted piece of the silencer and the rest of that sealing joint area, and then see if it helps any.

nos96

Jun 3, 2002
I had the same problem, with proper jetting and gas mixture, it is almost gone. I personally wouldnt go with the silicone, it may stop the drip bu I like to be able to take mine apart. To answer your question, no the lip piece that sticks up out of the silencer end does NOT go inside the rubber, it buts up too it. If you look at the rubber it has grooves in it. Those look perfect for a zip tie or maybe even saftey wire to help close up the ends like a hose clamp would. Remember, if it doesnt leak there it will end up coming out the silencer before long.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
If this is the same rubber peice that my 92 has at the pipe/silencer connection then the best thing to do is have the rubber peice connect in between the connection and use 2 zip ties in the little grooves on the ends. The rubber thing will stay on for good. BTW I had the same problem Jay untill I did this and I have zero spooge coming from there!

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
I never thought of that and today actually I was looking at my friend's YZ and he has that. I'm going to clean that all up and do it.

soquel

Mar 19, 2002
My 2002 cr125 leaked at the silecer/exspansion chamber joint, but only because the rubber boot that covers the joint had slipped off. I stuck it back on and no more spooge all over my swingarm or brake caliper.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Jay I know I have said this 10 times but ill make it 11. JET YOUR BIKE PROPERLY, STOP MAKING EXCUSES
It will still have some spooge but not as much. for the sake of god PLEASE JET YOUR BIKE PROPERLY!!!!

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
CanadianRidr, even tho your right about jetting it right even a properly jetted bike will leak spooge at the silencer/pipe connection. My bike is jetted very close and I get like a drop of spooge come out of my silencer. Before I fixed the rubber connection piece between the pipe/silencer there were alot of oil leaking out of there. Once I fixed it there has be no leaking and still has the same amout of silencer spooge as it did with the leaky connection.

But you still gotta jet the bike Jay! ;)

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Jeez, I really do think my bike is jetted properly. It does not spooge out of the silencer heavily, usually. And it does not foul plugs or anything, it's just that I get spooge out of that seal there.

Top Bottom