Crash 142

May 30, 2002
I'd like to try to get my 2004 RM 250 to rev slower, in an effort to tame the hit and ride with less wheelspin. I've tried a light (6oz) flywheel weight, and I've played a little with the powervalve preload adjustment, and I tried gearing the bike up, but those didn't seem to give me the feel I wanted.

I ride MX only. I weigh 155 pounds.

Right now I have a Pro Circuit pipe with the 304 shorty silencer.

I was thinking maybe a longer or even a restrictive silencer might be the key. Can anyone give me an idea what the FMF Q silencer would do to my power, the hit, and the speed the bike revs out? How about the Pro Circuit long 304 silencer, or the pro circuit spark arrestor?

I will probably experiment with the stock silencer on my Pro Circut pipe, but I'd love to hear some of your experience, especially with the FMF Q (I'm assuming it would fit on my Pro Circuit pipe).

Thanks in advance for any help or insight you can offer.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Why not try running a heavy flywheel weight? That should get what you are looking for.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I would go with the stock silencer, it's larger internal core and extra length will help smooth the hit over the PC shorty. Also try some race fuel, straight VP red or C-12 will help smooth things. The V-3 reed valve with the YZ 250 reed spacer is a good mod to.

Top Bottom