W.P.EXC

Nov 30, 2000
I ride a 99 300 exc with a fmf gnarly pipe and a stock silencer. The silencer needs replaced and I'm thinking about the fmf turbine core ll-Q. Anybody out ther use this combo? Is this silencer/spark arrester any good? Does anyone know if it's the type with the screen inside or the spinny deal? It's supposed to be really quiet which really turns me on! :eek: Thanks for any replies. :aj:

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
I put one on a friends EXC 200 and it works & sounds good, its quiet and it has the spinny deal inside not the screen.

OrangeCrush

Feb 25, 2002
Spinny thing

Hence.............TURBINE CORE he he, as in the spark arrester is shaped like the blades of a turbine. Can anyone else give any input as to this silencer adding any power or creating any power loss? I have the stock header with a pro-circuit silencer with no sparky, I need to obey the fire laws for piece of mind and was wondering A: is the FMF TCII lite in weight? B: does it create any power loss? C: does it add any power? D: does it just do equal as the stock silencer? E: is it maintenance free? F: is it built well I've heard FMF pipes suck in the weld department?

Thanks a bunch...................... :aj:

W.P.EXC

Nov 30, 2000
Hence.............TURBINE CORE he he, as in the spark arrester is shaped like the blades of a turbine.

Ahhh... that makes since. I guess noone has the info. so guess I'll have to buy one and find out.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
I put one of the new Q series TC II's on my 300exc a couple months ago. I didn't have the stock spark arrester to compare but I did have PC Factory silencer. No loss in power, light weight, easy to repack, no screen to clog, and quiet. Had a ranger check it and I was at 92db with his test. My son has a '01 CR250 with a regular TC II and his bike is much louder.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I'm currently running the FMF Gnarly/Turbine II on my 99 300exc. It runs great. I'm just not able to tell you exactly how it compares to the stock silencer since I never ran it. It didn't make a huge performance change when I went from a stock silencer to FMF on my KDX. The big difference was the weight and over all bulk of the stock silencer. I'd go for it. ;)

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I should have my Turbinecore II Q tomorrow - I'll be trying it with the stock pipe first, then with a Gnarly (which is coming the next day). I'll let you know about noise, and what my posterior tells me about the power!

W.P.EXC

Nov 30, 2000
Just got my new issue of dirt rider and they did a test with it on the 250 exc and gave it a 9 on a 1-10 scale 10 being the highest. They also tested it with the gnarly pipe on the same bike and gave it a 9.5 rating. They said it may affect on the top end a little bit but was great down low for woods riding. I'm gonna order one. :)

Top Bottom