Foxpilot

Jul 24, 2002
I have my silencer off to repack it, its a pro circuit. I took the allen screws out and then I realized the rivets at the back..(int he manual the stocker has the screws at the back). Do I have to take the rivets out to repack a damn silencer? Once I get the inner pipe out how many tiems should I wrap it? secure it with masking tape?

BTW. i searched the site, and couldnt come up with anything, help me out!

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
the allens should be on the front end, just take them out and that end should come apart. But there's usually silicone so it may take some effort

Last edited:

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
That's how mine is too (the front being closer to the front of the bike..fyi). You may have to twist and tap it with a rubber mallet. I think you can wrap it 1 1/2 to 2 times (it'll be too thick to fit back in otherwise). It'll probably take two people, one to hold the wrapping and one to wrap a couple of pieces of tape around it to hold in place.

Foxpilot

Jul 24, 2002
Ya I ended up take a rubber mallet and holding the part where the exhaust comes out and tapping the mounts fairly hard, the silencer case just slid right off. Thanks for the help guys.

Top Bottom