pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
ALright, long story short, i stripped the bolt for the silencer (and still used it) on my '90 YZ80 and then i lost the slinecer somwheres. Anyway, my question is can i get a stock silencer for my bike or would it be worth it to get an aftermarket one? I would problably get an FMF powercore because they're only $75. I do alot of woods riding also, so maybe it would be better to get a spark arrester? Would it be possible to make a spark arrester? Like just make a steel endcap design like one? What do all of you guys (and girls) have on your 80's? And would a new pipe be worth the investment?

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
MOST ANY TIME YOU REPLACE PARTS ON YOUR BIKE, YOU ARE BETTER OF BUYING AFTERMARKET. THEY ARE CHEAPER ALOT OF TIMES TOO.

AN EXAMPLE, I BENT MY SUB-FRAME ON MY'99 KX 250 AND A STOCK SUB-FRAME WAS $400, AN ALUMINIUM ONE FROM BBR was $215.

as far as spark arrestors go, they have to be approved by the u.s. forrest service, so making your own is not really going to help you.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Found the old silencer, but im going to get a new one anyway(Power Core most likely), now i just have to wait for my darn paycheck!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom