Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
When setting the sag on the KTM RFS bikes,

Is is advisable to set the race sag first then to the static sag?

Static sag first? does it matter?

Badgas

Aug 8, 2001
Due to the spring rates of the PDS spring covering a large variety of rider weights, it's very difficult to get both race a statc sag exactly right. I set the race sag to what it's suppost to be. For me it's 105 mm. Then I measure the statc sag. Should be around 30 mm. If is alot more than 30 mm, say around 45 mm then you may have to go to a lighter spring. If it's less, say around 25mm than you may have to go to a heavier spring. Less than 25mm can cause the shock to bind. Hope this helps.

:cool:

Gas

Last edited:

Badgas

Aug 8, 2001
Here's a follow up. I just got off the phone with Factory Connection, they did my revalve last year, and they said to set the free sag first. I went from a PDS 3 to a PDS 4 last week. They told me it's more important that my free sag is 30 mm. The race sag should be around 110 to 105. They would like my race sag to be at 105 but 110 is ok. Also, this is a new spring so it's very stiff right now. I told them that with 105mm race sag I get 25mm free sag. I weigh 225 fully geared up. I know people much heavier than me ride on a PDS 4. There's no way I'm to heavy for this spring. They told me to ride on it a few times then check again once the spring is broken in. After the break-in period I should be able to set it sags closer to the mark.

Top Bottom