single track at paragon or other suggestions!

local933

Mar 13, 2005
i am wanting to know about how much single track is available at paragon park in penn! i do not want t waste my time to go there for just a small amount! it is a long way for me! but i want to get away from the quads and trucks! they ruin every trail! if any other places let me know!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
i ride Paragon several times a year. You can ride up there all day and never see another vehicle if you dont want to. Its like 30,000 acres and growing! Lots of single tracks and a lot of rocks in some areas. Water crossings, hillclimbs, technical stuff....etc. You need to watch a video before you go out on the property. It will tell you about safety and gear and how to get around. You will not be unhappy when you leave. Just remember that there is no MX track there. It is a woods riders experience and a great one at that. I have been up there for 3 years now and still have not seen the entire place. I guess I need to get up there more often! Any questions, just call me, 484-239-6187.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
More than you will cover in one day or even weekend. They have a map Here but it doesnt show the single track. The ST interweaves through out the park and easily seen along the side of the main trails. A single track map would be really nice to have, hint, hint. ;)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
The maps of the single track are on their way soon. All the single track is on the GPS, and I just need to get it on paper. I am also waiting for the new trail markers so the single track will be better marked.

As was said, if youare lookign for single track, you will not be disappointed, and you will not see it all in one day. You might want to consider joining us June 11&12 for our spring ride http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=111345 you will see lots of single track as well as a good variety of the park, and as was said before you wont see many trucks or ATVs on the trail because of the size of the park, even though trigger exagerates a little and the park is only about 15,000 acres.

You do also need to ride at least in pairs, you can't go onto Paragons property alone so you need to have somebody with you. send me a message or an email if you have any questions or need some advice on trails since the single track is not on the maps yet, parts of it can be hard to find if you have never been there.
Check out the link for my pictures below and you'll get some ideas of what paragon has to offer.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
scooter1130 said:
The maps of the single track are on their way soon. All the single track is on the GPS, and I just need to get it on paper.

Well what are you waiting for? I've seen the Maytag commercials. You should have plenty of free time! :nener:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah Dan let's get going. I know there is more single track that I haven't been on that I really want to try.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
yeah yeah I know....but I didnt get much chance to ride last season to get the mapping finished because of my broken foot. After a fgew rides this spring it will be done.

oh and I took the liberty of posting RM_guys results on this page...I am waiting to see how the rest of you score

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=112783

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Already did those, I'm semi nerdy, a totally weird loser who is going to die early. Wow, glad i know what to look forward too in my upcoming life. :think:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I already know I'm not nerdy so I never looked at that thread until now. You guys are loosers.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
I already know I'm nerdy so I never looked at that thread until now. You guys are not loosers.

But we wanted to see just how nerdy you are :nener:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…