Size when buying premix oil??

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
What size of container do most people buy when buying premix. I know the small one shot cans are easy, but at a price. Am I crazy for thinking of buying it by the half gallon?:think

How amny ounces to a gallon??

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
I usually buy super M by the half gallon.
128 oz = 1 gal

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
I always buy full gallons (red line) it is much cheaper that way it all depends on how much you use I usually go through 2 to 3 gallons each year.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I use quarts because I get it at wholesale and the price difference is minimal. I find them easier to transport and don't get as worried about contamination. Plus everybody always says "Oh I've heard about that stuff, does it work as good as they say." so I'll just give them a bottle if I have one to spare.:)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Get yourself a premix measuring device thingamajigy, they work great and you save having to buy the little bottles. I buy it by the 55 gallong drum, strap it on my back and ride! :)
Elk

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
And I liked the Maxima measuring bottle- it has a screw on lid to keep the muck out. :)

Jay-R

Nov 27, 2001
Or get a measuring cup from Wal Mart (8 oz) for 50 cents. Just put a clean rag in it when your done.;)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I change my mind on the Maxima Quick 2 Mix bottle- it was made of thin, cheap plastic and it deformed after the first few weeks, making accurate measurements impossible. So I'm sticking witht he ratio rites from now on, and I'll try to remember stuffing a clean rag in it, or sealing it in a large ziplock.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Just dump a little fuel back in it and give it a swish then back in the tank or can. As long as you do this immediatly after mixing you won't have any crud in the fuel and it cleans up the Ratio Rite so it doesn't attract any dirt.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…