BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
This is a portion of an email from my cousin.
: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 10:17 PM

I had a motorcycle accident Thursday morning at 6am. I was headed south bound on hwy 169 (about 8-10 miles from my home) as I was approaching 460 or 4060 road a driver was entering 169. I was a few car lengths behind a geo tracker and we both got in the left lane. There was a north bound vehicle turning left onto 460/4060 road and he t-boned me. I was unable to move into the right lane or stop. The witness & driver who hit me stated I just fishtailed & was able to pull onto the shoulder, put the kick stand down & just melted off my bike. The driver who merged on south 169 saw the whole thing and said I was one hell of a driver. Fortunately a friend & neighbor saw me on the hwy & called Darren since he knew he has been out of town a lot lately. He came back & gave me a chair to sit in. In the meantime I'm arguing with 911 telling them I was not the person who hit the motocycle but indeed the driver of it. The same conversation went on when they
transfered me to the appropriate dispatch. The hwy patrol said I traveled 150 yard from point of impact & wanted to know where my skid marks were...other than my underwear was the only response I had!! He couldn't believe I never dropped my bike. He issued the other driver a citation for failure to yield. I even got a hug from the trooper & he comended my ability to maintain control of my bike. In all it took 2 1/2 hours until I was able to go to Bailey Medical Hospital in Owasso. They did x-rays on my neck, leg, ankle & foot. I do not have any broken bones but possibly torn tendons & ligaments as well as whiplash. I'm on crutches & trying to get into an orthopedic surgeon this week. The man who hit me has phoned daily to check on me & I had Darren call him as I just couldn't talk to him. He told Darren his version and when we were discussing it I filled with rage thinking he was telling something other than what really happened but I was wrong. He said he saw the geo tracker & proceeded to cross 169 as there was a quick opening and he hit something but had no idea what until he saw me fishtailing down the road!! He NEVER saw me!!!!!!!!! It was daylight & I have 3 lights on the front of my bike!!!

Sorry for the novel & misspelled words I'm a bit on the goofy side.

Phil

Nov 17, 1999
MXGirl230 had something like this happen a few years back. Sideswiped by some idiot that turned left into a turn lane she was already occupying. Didn't go down either, but still eneded up with a knee surgery.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Wow! Never went down, and yet it sure sounds like he has a pretty bad concussion. And its pretty messed up when the "I never saw him" story sounds way too familiar. There are days I do not want to drive my 1 ton service van in traffic, much less a motorcycle. I hope your friend is okay BSWIFT? I would be curious if his memory has changed today? Vintage Bob

Top Bottom