Skid Plate and Radiator Guards

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Going to get a skid plate and Radiator Guard/Braces for my 96 KDX 200. Which bolt on brand fits the best and is of good quality?
Works Connection? Devol? ????

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
I have a Moose 'plate. Bolted on in about 10 minutes w/o problems. Not sure who makes it - Moose usually just rebrands other mfr stuff.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
I have the Utah sport skid plate from rocky mountain, bolts right up. I just got a set of works radiator braces put on. They fit, but I had to trim the inside of the radiator panels. The inside of the panel has sort of a support brace molded into it. Which butts up to the radiator. But with the works brace on I needed to trim down some of that support brace. It isn't a big deal, though works could have mentioned it.

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
I have Works Connection Rad guards and skid plate. The radiator guards have already payed for themselves.
I do have to agree with Braahp about the Devol rad guards. They look pretty BEEFY. I don't think they attach like the WC ones though, radiator to frame. I could be wrong on that.
If you were to combine the two of them, then you would be bullet proof. I also have Devol's disc guards, they are BAD-ASS. Good luck.

:thumb: :thumb:

Nov 12, 2002
I used the Devol Radiator guards on a KX I had. They mounted up okay and seemed strong enough, but they caused the shrouds to stick out quite a bit more than stock. This made for an uncomfortable ride. I never used them on a KDX though... it might be a different story.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Thanks for all your feedback :)
I am ordering the Works Connection Skid Plate and Devol Radiator Guards first thing tomorrow.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Devol makes a really nice skid plate as well. Its made of lighter weight material than some so its not to heavy and clunky. I could see wanting a heavier plate if you ride in a lot of rock infested areas though as I expect it would become over time.

80dad

Dec 7, 2002
if wondored about the radiator guards and overheating due to the lack of air flow down here in texas sometimes it gets hooooot has anybody had problems with this

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Mine did seem to run slightly hotter with the gurads on. I just started using a coolant ratio with smaller amounts of antifreeze and it is fine now. I'd say about 20% now instead of the 50/50.

Top Bottom