tjwandel

Sep 25, 2001
Any opinions on skid plates & pipe guards for a 200exc? I have been looking at both the pipe guard & skid plate from Moose, any experiences with these products? Thanks, Tom

enmerdeur

Feb 10, 2002
I have used both and have been very statisfied with both. The pipe guard is not as elegant as say an E-line carbon one, but it does a good job and is a lot cheaper. For good prices on the skid plate you can try Cycle Depot or Rocky Mountain ATV . At Rocky Mountain they are sold under the name of Utah Sportcycle who I believe builds them for Moose

ronmc

Jan 12, 2002
e-line pipe guard

I have the e-line pipe guard it's worth the price if your after a good fitting easy to install guard if your going to be installing a after market pipe go with the moose it will fit stock or aftermarket pipes. the e-line is not a universal fit.

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
actually go with the e-line period......they make guards for both stock and aftermarket pipes. And if for some reason that don't produce the guard you are looking for they will custom build one for you. I have one form my fmf pipe and the thing is bullet proof.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
I just got a eline CF guard for my 250, and it fits great! It only weighs a few ounces and seems to be very tough.
Any thoughts on sealing it with high temp black silicone to keep water and debris out??

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
woods_rider

I have had that same problem with debris, and it is kind of a pain to have to take the guard off after every ride. If you decide to try the sealant let me know how it works.

will

Top Bottom