kx_dave

Jun 2, 2001
Any beginner riders out there ever go to Sky River MX park in Monroe, WA? I heard there is a beginner track out there and I'd like to give it a try one of these days. I've never ridden on a MX track before so I'm hoping the beginner one is pretty tame. Any feedback on it?

Thanks
Dave

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Hey Dave, haven't rode at Sky River but heard it is a great track but you can forget about it until we get about two weeks of dry weather. Horn Rapids opens back up in February - That is about the best place to go, besides some of the Enduro areas, until things dry out

kx_dave

Jun 2, 2001
HobRoff, thanks for the reply. I've heard about Horn Rapids and it sounds cool. It's a bit of a drive for me though (~200 mi) so hopefully we'll get some dry spells before the summer starts.

kx_dave

Jun 2, 2001
Originally posted by pat567
have you tried the indoor track at RMC (renton),I"ve been taking my son there and all the jumps are pretty mild.

I stopped by there a week or 2 ago (w/o bike) to check it out when I was passing thru Renton. The jumps did look pretty mild...and there were plenty of novice riders out there.

Might have to give it a go one of these weekends...

I heard there is one in Lynnwood too but I've never seen it.

Last edited:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
The lynnwood track in located in Smokey Point Arlington. ridden there once it's pretty tame too but also a little bit smaller than RMC's. I've rode RMC a few weeks ago I was able to do all of the jumps it was pretty basic. Another track good for beginers in PIR aka SIR. OPMC is pretty easy too also. I don't care for horn rapids too many people I know in the past few years have gotten hurt there. one person got a broken back and another got a concussion big time. Because of what they call the pro double. I haven't gone there but no desire to since lots of people get hurt and I haven't heard really anything good from my friends who have gone many times. At home I have links to most of the tracks homepages.

dog2

Sep 26, 2002
They do have a beginner track at Sky River. It is a fun little track with jumps you can build confidence with. Just make sure it has been dry for a few days as the track is slick when it's wet. I am a woods racer, not a motocrosser, and I have more fun on the "beginner" track than the "pro track" at Sky River MP.

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
The Richland track its self is easy and the Pro double is gone. I like to call it the Pro mound all the other jumps that are big are table tops so you have an option.
As for the injuries at the track mine included (Crushed foot ,clavical etc.)are due to the Gusting winds that most westsiders arent used too. Plus if you dont llike the track there is alot desert out there to ride on

Top Bottom