team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
in my back yard mx track i have theres this one corner where theres a flat burm. and when i rains out ot gets pretty slick and i have a hard time going through it fast.

this is what i do i head into it in 3rd downshift to 2nd brake a little theas i go though it i just nail it. then as im exiting the burn i look kinda like flat track racer having to counter ster.

is there a better way to ride it.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
some times you can corner faster by keeping a faster corner speed and not "nailing" it so hard half way through. try accelerating out a litte more gradual and try to increase you intro speed.
main thing is to try to go through the corner with good and smooth transition speed.

wardy

------------------
"don't wake me.......I am working."

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
It would help if Berm was spelt right. A two-stroke will rev faster so there-for it will lose traction faster than a four-stroke. That's why on track's with little traction the four-strokes do good. If you don't want the bike to break up then slowly turn your wrist don't go from 1/4 throttle to full real quick unless you want it to break up.

------------------
http://www.honda-cycles.com
If your not dirty then your not riding hard enough!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by CRGuy:
It would help if Berm was spelt right.
Actually, it wouldn't.

What's important is that he got his message across and got helpful answers from both you and Wardy. Let's not get hung up on trivial matters like spelling. If we do, Wardy will be out of a job. :)

------------------

Tracktor

Apr 12, 2001
Try dragging your rear brake very lightly. This will help keep the rear tire planted and control the power to it. Also don't accelerate hard until you are squared up to exit the corner. You may be coming in to slow and having to accelerate to soon. Hope this helps.

------------------
#228 '01YZ250

Top Bottom