N2

Jun 8, 2008
My Son's 1986 KDX 200-C1 is slobbering exhaust juice badly!
This bike was just purchased, and I can't answer jetting questions (haven't checked yet, but runs great).
But would like any help as where to start! Don't know what fuel they were using, I have mixed a new batch of premium w/ Royal purple synthetic (32:1) but don't know if I should drain all possible mineral based mix before re-fueling?
Are there any tips for cleaning exhaust system beyond the manual's instructions for cleaning the spark arrester? I was wondering - if the previous owners had used a rich fuel mixture,could it possibly have flooded the exhaust system with oil?? and will continue to spit and slobber until cleaned??
Also are there any quieter silencers available than stock?

Thanks a bunch
N2
:bang:

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
The stock exhaust pipe and spark arrestor are very quiet, compared to most any modern exhaust. Are you sure they are stock?

Yes, there is oil lying in the exhaust pipe and spark arrestor, now.

You DO need to drain out ALL the old fuel they had in it. Trust what you bought, not what they left in it from who knows when. Drain the carb, too.

Like any other two-stroke off-road bike, it could be jetting, carb out of adjustment, air fillter quality / cleanliness, reed valve condition, piston/rings/cylinder condition, right side engine seal leaking, etc., etc.

Top Bottom