That's great! :)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
BadgerMan said:
Dumpster duck!

That's great! :)
Just like a duck, he don't GAF. But ain't that a seagull?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Where's my shotgun?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
VintageDirt said:
But ain't that a seagull?

Yeah, that’s a gull. They are commonly referred to here in West Michigan as dumpster ducks or flying rats.

They will eat anything. A couple years ago my wife, daughter, and I had a picnic at the beach and ended up being surrounded by gulls. We had brought a little package of sushi type rice/seaweed rolls and when we were done, we had a big glob of that green wasabi stuff left over…….that really wicked-hot horseradish type stuff. My daughter and I were making little balls of it and tossing it to the gulls. They would shake their heads like crazy when they ate it but they downed every piece we threw at them! :p They love French fries. Every fast food joint near the lake shore has gulls hovering around it. That's how you find McDonalds......look for the circling gulls.

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
oldguy said:
Now I would really like to see what he does with it once he has it. If he knows enough to open the package I would be scared

Oh! :whoa: They know how to open them. :nod:

The high school that I went to was only a few miles from the beach and we had gulls flying over at lunch time. They knew when lunch time was and when the bell rang they would all show up. Lil' bastages would swoop down and snatch a sammich right out of your hand. :yikes: Potato chips bags, cookies, whatever. You had to keep one eye on your lunch and the other one on the sky. And they have no problem opening bags.

I'll betcha' the one in the video even has his favorite brand. ;)

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Threw some raw chicken wings off the boat after crabbing and a gull dove in and gulped one whole. Also had one take an entire slice a hot pizza out of my kids hand and gulp it down in flight.

What won't they eat?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Damn the gulls! They're as bad as the crows.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…