jsnake

Jan 15, 2002
Hi all,

I layed down my 01 kx250 pretty ahrd this weekend. Everything seemed fine until i got it home. I noticed my left side radiator was pretty smased up. and bent in. Doesnt seem to be leaking but the radiator plastic wont stay on. does anyone know where I can get aftermarket replacement radiators?

Thanks

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Your only option really for a replacement is stock. Or you can send it to Mylers radiator repair, apparently he specializes in fixing these small rad's and does a great job in the process!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Why don't you get it repaired? Someone posted here on DRN a repair shop that should be able to fix it fairly cheaply. You don't have to buy a new one unless you want to.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Does anybody have any good experience or recommend using those metal radiator guards like Devol sells? Seems like these would be a pretty cheap investment to protect a potentially expensive part.

I saw someone on a KTM who had some guards, but they were not made my Devol. Does anyone know of any other manufacturers. I can't recall the brand on the KTM.

Thanks...

- Bill

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
MSR makes some radiator guards that cover the front like the DeVol guards, they're much much cheaper too.. Plus, your KX already has the radiator braces (keeping the radiator from being folded back) so some front protection to help the radiator hold it's form is all you need.

I bought a set for my 2000, installation was easy and they looked good.

Top Bottom