yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
I bought my Warpstars about 3 months ago from the local Cycle Gear.  I had always wanted these goggles because of the colored lenses that can match your gear or bike. Since I ride a YZ I bought the clear frames with blue lenses. Everything was great with my new goggles, they were comfy and the blue lens actually enhanced my vision, and filled in some of the shadows in the evening.  If it weren't for the lens I would rank these goggles very high, but unfortunetly if you buy these goggles you are paying extra for the lens, and when the blue lens fades to an almost clear lens in under 3 months there is something wrong.  I put about 8 hours at the track total with these goggles, my Yz's frame broke after that, so of these 3 months that I owned the goggles, they had seen only one day of riding, the rest of the time they sat on my desk without much sunlight

Last edited:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I had a pair of the yellow ones for a little over a year no problem with the lense fading but the foam between the padding on your face and the frame is desintagrating. It's cheap foam so thin all along the top there's a bunch of holes and tears. I have had a set of cheap JT's for twice as long and not even any sign of this happening. Bum's me out cause I like how the color lense enhanced the vision I'm not going to buy another pair. Anyone suggest a good google with colored lense's I liked the yellow.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
cool, maybe I'll try one of those as well, the face foam is so comfy that I can see how it might break down fast.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
We've been using Smith Warpstars for like 3 years now and no problems. The reason they cost more than the normal Warps is (1) because they have a clearcoated translucent frame and (2) they have the AWESOME Smith Sweatbuster foam. Your colored lens is like $1.50 more than the normal clear lens. If you're not happy with your lens, you can order a new one for around $6. We always keep tearoffs on our goggles and have many different Smith colored lenses (Sol-X and Grey are our favorites) and have never had a lens fade.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
The Scott High Voltage is my favorite. I just replaced my Spy Alloys with a pair of the Scotts. They are very comfy on my face, and they are alot smaller (frame) and this fits my face a little better.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Ok, so I just talked to the rep, finally, from Smith and he said that the warpstar goggle lenses that I have are Dyed, but since then they have switched over to impregnated, I guess they had some kind of problem with the dyed lenses. So he offered to send me a free pair of the new impregnated lenses at no charge, thanks Smith.

Top Bottom