kev_rm

~SPONSOR~
Jun 7, 2002
Well, I just sold my RM250 and I'm planning on getting an orange bike. My original thinking was the 525EXC. My buddy just got a 300EXC which compared to his old KLX is incredible, he's hard to keep up with now. I understand most of the pros and cons between the two environments, with the main difference for me being weight and center of gravity.

My question is: Is the extra weight and higher CG of the RFS really a concern for a larger adult? (6'/190lb) I'm coming off a super light MX, which was fun, and the 300EXC probably solves all the problems of the MX, but I'd like to try the thumper side of the fence.

I am an aggressive rider with intermediate skills. I ride mostly woods but hit the dunes occassionally and will probably start enduro/hs next year as a 30 yearold in the senior class (no way am I competing with the youngster's this year)

CC: ktmtalk.com

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I think I see a 525 in yer future..... :thumb:

A riding buddy of mine has a 300 and says it vibrates way to much for his liking, but he does seem to pickup allot of PitSally's at da races though :eek:

What are ya gonna do `bout yer user name? :scream:

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
I just rode my 300 mxc for the first time the other day, almost 3hrs of riding hard and had no probs with vibration. My KX 500 will make your hands numb quickly. I was so much less tired with the 300 and rode much much quicker with the 300 in the woods. Doesn't help much between the 4stroke and the 2stroke question but I wouldn't be afraid of the 300 for vibration worries and the bike has plenty of power and I'm 280lbs. Now it won't lift the front end like the 500 will but that is a good thing sometimes. LOL

Jim

beer_stud_76

Mod Ban
Aug 30, 2002
kev_rm -

i'm a 4 stroke kind of guy, so you might think i'd reccomend the 4 stroke. i mostly like 4 strokes for their ride-em-hard-and-putem-away-wet nature, but after doing the research for my own bike, it became clear to me that a big-bore 2 stroke is actualy easier to care for than one of the new high-performance, light wieght 4 strokes. so, i went with a '00 380EXC. i can't tell you yet how it will run for me long term, but everyone i've spoken to about is says they are anvils, and since most of my riding is in the woods at low RPM the engine rebuilds wil be few and far between. to a lesser extent, the 300 EXC will be the same way.

anyway, thats my 2 cents.

jeremiah

Top Bottom