wilkinste

Sep 6, 2005
This thing smokes quite badly - 152 main, 42 pilot, needle is second slot from top, FMF gnarly/turbine 2. 1:32 mix. Repacked silencer yesterday - plug doesn't foul badly - Any suggestions at this point?

Steve.

crhines

Aug 27, 2006
Could be a number of things. First I would make sure the top end is in good shape - ensure that you have good compression and the bike runs good.

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
My 2000 with the same setup also smokes like a tar baby! I did a top end this weekend and the cylinder area/piston/head was actually pretty darn clean. The KIPS was gunked up, but not that bad. It still worked well. It basically looked like everything was just well lubed. I hate the spooge/smoke, but I'll take it if it means that everything is working great and well lubed!

crhines

Aug 27, 2006
Jason, what kind of oil do you use and at what ratio? If your motor is in good condition and your bike is jetted properly, you should have some smoke, but not much. Most of the good synthetic oils (Motul 800, Amsoil, even Golden Spectro) are made to RACE at 50:1.

wilkinste

Sep 6, 2005
crhines said:
Could be a number of things. First I would make sure the top end is in good shape - ensure that you have good compression and the bike runs good.

Good compression and the bike started on the first kick this morning. Could a gunked up KIPS valve cause that much smoking and spooge (I like that word!!)? After repacking silencer, I'm still getting plenty of oil out the back. Does oil settle in the bottom of the tank when the bike is sitting for months?? That may be the issue.

Steve.

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I use BelRay H1R at usually 50:1 or 44:1. The bike runs perfect, just lots of spooge. The KIPS was gunked up, but nothing too bad or anything that kept it from working correctly.

Top Bottom