MOTO ON RM250

Aug 10, 2007
PC Platinum 2 Pipe

Does anyone have this on their bike? I am thinking about putting it on my 04 rm250. I race motocross but would like a smoother powerband. If I get this pipe I will install a PC Nature Friendly silencer to keep noise down and because it looks like a four stroke silencer. The bike is stock power wise except for a twin air filter. Is there something else I should be looking for instead of a pipe, like V-Force 3 reed valves or something. Please don't suggest porting because my dad would never agree to that.

MOTO ON RM250

Aug 10, 2007
Are there any mods I can do to make my powerband smoother and more linear. I have a 2004 RM250 and I race motocross. I am looking at a PC Platinum Pipe and V-Force 3 reed valves. Will these give me what I want?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
MOTO ON RM250 said:
Please don't suggest porting because my dad would never agree to that.

When then you are SOL, because porting is the way to do it. People will suggest a heavier flywheel but that's more of a bandaid than a true fix.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
I have heard the pc pipe may smooth out the harsh mid a little, but if I were spending my $ I get the motorwork. Stealthy makes a 6oz btw, but Ive never used one. Can you convince pops that the motorwork will make your bike more predictable and thus safer?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Until you can afford porting, look into putting a reed spacer on it (cheap, you'll need one more gasket, and longer bolts). It will not remove power, but will spread it out slightly. Nice addition to my 03........a noticable difference that works well in low-traction woods riding. However, nothing will fine tune like custom porting will.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
MOTO ON RM250 said:
Thanks! Will the pipes, reed valves help at all? If so, which is best?
Helps lighten the wallet! Porting will do wonders AND you'll spend about the same as you would on all of the other stuff.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom