Smoothing out CR250R ride report

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
Just to let some of you guys know, I have an 04 CR250r and have put the FMF Gnarly, Power Core Shorty II silencer on it, added a Steahly 12 ounce flywheel weight wich did require substantial grinding on the cover but is well worth it. The pipe and silencer took alot of the over rev away and gave it some low end grunt and the flywheel weight smoothed it out alot. You can run it a gear high if you want to and not worry about it bogging out on you. The biggest advantage is that it is almost stall proof on the trails and in the slow tight turns even during heavy braking. It still hits really hard when you spool it up and get into the powerband so don't think that it makes the bike a dog. I see alot of posts on smoothing/low end on CR's and thought this might help. If I had to do it over the first mod I would have done to this bike is the flywheel weight. One more thing, proper jetting helps.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
We are running about the same setup tyesai, I finally got my jetting just about smoothed out, but still working on it. I would like to try a 13/52 combo on the sprocket but the time I tried to mount the rear sprocket it wouldn't clear the rear chain guide, but i think it might have been do to the length of chain I had since it was for a 13/50 combo? For me I think a 13/52 would be perfect for most tracks in the woods, right now I'm still running a 13/50 and I find myself in second gear at 3/4 throttle, rarely hitting third gear unless it's a open shot down a path. And then when I do get into trouble and have to shift down a gear (from second) I have to use all kinds of body english, and energy, becuse of the violent hit that first gear is giving to me because I'm in the upper range of the RPM's in first. Man, just thinking about this makes me want to go down to the shop and buy a new chain and a 52 spocket to see if that will clear the chain guide? :ahhh: Anybody else have that problem with the guide? It must have been the chain.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I'll find out soon, I am planning on putting a 52 tooth sprocket on sometime this week. I would like to do it today, but the lawn calls me. :pissed:

Top Bottom