2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Nope, don't plan on it. I hear it's a packed event, very difficult to get lodging, etc. I do look forward to seeing it on TV though.
When we were running the Atlanta DS (Elkhorn Trail Tour, September) we talked to the race promoter. Kind of funny, actually. A few of us were taking a wee break and this mini-van pulls up. Dude's got his GPS, notebook, clipboard, and county maps strewn about the front seat/dash. Nice guy, he's a CCC member as well. Talked about the event, logistics and stuff. He was scouting some seasonal road and SMTR - stuff our DS course was using so it must be good ;-)
It was interesting to hear about how they close the roads for the special stages, deal with the chamber of commerce, law enforcement and so on. Lots of work!
Seems like we were just a bit south of Avery Lake area, like at the bottom of the Avery Hills snowmobile trail.

If you go, have fun!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Chances are I will be at one of the viewing spots at some point or another.  Heck...its practically in my back yard as some of course runs just a couple miles from my house!  I came across some of the advance warning signs at snomobile trail crossings this weekend in fact.  Some of those signs were near the Avery Hills sno mo trail loop, others just north of Atlanta.  It is a blast to watch too!  Them factory cars just rip!

2trakr - do you recall the name of the guy you came across?  I dont know of any local CCC members, would be nice to meet up with some!

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by KTM Mike
2trakr - do you recall the name of the guy you came across?  I dont know of any local CCC members, would be nice to meet up with some!

No sir, I don't. He gave us a biz card and a flyer, I could only find the flyer though. IIRC he was not local to the area, but from the southern part of the state.

Top Bottom