Are you interested in snow bikes?

• Yes, I want to ride one NOW!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes, I'd like to try it.

• Unsure. It looks interesting but I don't know if I'd spend a lot of money trying it.

• No, give me dirt and a knobby tire!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Hi guys,
I know it's the middle of summer, so the last thing on your mind is cold, snow and winter. I'm just doing a little market research right now.

As some of you may have heard, one of the cool new products on the market these days is conversion kits so you can ride your bike in the snow. The kits put a ski in place of the front wheel, and mount a track on the make in place of the rear wheel. Some kits work better than others, but all of them work on a similar principle.

My question to you is what sort of interest is there in riding snow bikes in the winter? Are those of you in the north excited about products like this or would you rather spend money on trips going south to ride in the winter? Would you spend money to rent a snow bike and go riding in the mountains during the winter, similar to a snowmobile trip?

Thanks guys (and girls).

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I might try the rental thing if I was someplace that had snow and interesting trails. I'd for sure do it if I got stuck up in SW PA with my wife's family.

Jesel

Jul 15, 2006
I would love to try one. They look as though they could be more fun than my snowmobile on the trails we have around here. It would certainly need studs and a sharp carbide up front. the trails can turn to ice in a quick hurry.

Top Bottom