Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Just said on TV that Chicago could get the most snow in recorded history? :whoa:

Already crappy here in Dallas. Ya'll stay warm up there!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Bad in Tulsa, by our standards. Like the Chumley I am, I got up at 4:30 a.m. and went into the office. Well, almost. My two-wheel drive pickup is now stuck on the main street in front of my office. I'm stuck in the office by myself, letting my pants and socks dry. Wife home sick with the flu and I'm probably not getting out of here for a day or two. Have a jar of peanuts, club crackers, water and coffee. Boss has tequila and scotch in his office............ hmmm... Oh, and as it turns out, the office is closed !!

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
2strokerfun said:
Have a jar of peanuts, club crackers, water and coffee. Boss has tequila and scotch in his office............ hmmm... Oh, and as it turns out, the office is closed !!
break down the door!!!! any problem and you say you must stay hot enough :laugh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Damn this sucks! And it's not even as cold as it's supposed to get yet :( Close the door Chili I've had enough!!

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
It's coming for you Rich, you better hide. :whoa:

Attachments

• storm.jpg
    storm.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 172

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Keep that in mind as you are treading water after it slides in to the Pacific. :)

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
helio lucas said:
break down the door!!!! any problem and you say you must stay hot enough :laugh:

Oh I got in the office well enough. I just can't get out !!! Ahhhhggg. Been here 6 hours and still stuck. Got a gas fire going to dry my jeans and socks. Have 250 pounds of Ice Melt I put the bags in the back of my truck and tried shovelling out several times, but still here. Wife is pissed (and sick). Tequila is looking better and better........ If I don't get moving by 4 p.m., I'll end up staying in office overnight.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If it's looking sketchy it's way better to be cooped up at the office than on the side of the road.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Yeah. Freeze to death or heart attack trying to shovel out again and again. I think I'm in the office until tomorrow or so... I got stuck in the black hills once in a four-foot blizzard in April, 97. I do not like this cold white stuff.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I shoveled enough so the dogs could touch ground to their business. Expecting 40+ m/hr winds to go with the 11-12" of snow on top of 1/4" of sleet.
"Hey, AL GOOONRE, where's the warming part of this sleet!?"

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
At 7am this morning I rode my MTB to work wearing cotton shirt shorts gloves hat and running shoes, even had a sweat up by the time the 10km was done, Times like this I'm glad to be on the other side of the world and since we get the day first it's noon Wed right here right now

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
All this cold just makes me appreciate the changes in the seasons all the more. Bring it on Mother Nature! WoOt!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Papakeith said:
All this cold just makes me appreciate the changes in the seasons all the more. Bring it on Mother Nature! WoOt!

I couldn't agree more! :cool:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
That freezing rain stretch is 2 1/2 states wide now. 1/4 inch causes chaos, some will get an inch they say. Soon as this quits, so does the temperature. Good luck overnight!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
The worst of it is finally clear on Indy. But now we just have dropping temps and heavy winds.. Hopefully power stays on tonight. I don't like being cold.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
A portion of a structural panel above the press box at Wrigley Field broke away due to high winds scattering debris outside the ball park.

020120111825_s.jpg

I live about 4 miles North of the ballpark in the Rogers park area.

Here are a few of the top wind gusts

58mph Chicago-Rogers Park
56mph Chicago- Bridgeport
54mph Lombard
54mph Chicago- West Loop
53mph Chicago - Midway
52mph Lincolnwood
51mph Naperville

It's pretty nutty here. My truck has been out behind my house for 8 hours and there is no snow on it. The wind is so strong it's blowing the snow right off and building drifts as it goes around the buildings.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom