B

biglou

Well, I tried to leave early for work this morning, and promplty got stuck in my driveway! And a lot of you have seen my driveway-it's flat as a pancake and all of 60ft long. We got over an inch of rain yesterday, followed with falling temps and about 4-6" of snow which turned everything into a skating rink. Now, my truck sits outside of its normal, warm, cozy home (the garage) out in the elements. The winds are whipping fiercly, too. Sounds like a freight train out there! Things are supposed to break in a couple hours. Snow's over, clouds are going to clear, wind dies down, etc. Looks like it's heading straight east toward Eduardo and Aimee's neck of the woods now. It's not much snow, but it's blowing and drifting and just generally making a huge mess of things. All the schools are closed-over 177 of them. On top of that, or, underneath all that, there is about 3" of packed ice under the snow. I had to chip it away to get the garage door opener to close the door after abandoning the truck outside this morning at 0430!

Been a long time since I had a snow day! :) Too bad I'll be spending it shoveling my drive and the parents' drive, and getting my truck unstuck! Oh well, maybe I'll play some of my new PS2 games while I wait for the sun to come out... :aj:

Last edited by a moderator:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Louis, 4" - 6" of snow?  I could get through that in a VW.  Why don't you call work and let all your co-workers know you'll be late.  I'm sure they've all arrived by now :debil:

Have fun on your snow day! :)  ( I'm just jealous because we don't get those here in the central valley)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Hmmmm, I had no troubles getting to work, other than the two major highways that were closed due to accidents and drifting........ :p

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
Louis, 4" - 6" of snow?  I could get through that in a VW

LMAO! I think somebody just wanted to play "hooky" from work. ;)

B

biglou

It's not the snow, it's the ice underneath. And the 2wd... And now, the 2' snow drift behind me thanks to the road grader. And hey, who doesn't love a snow day?! :moon:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
what are these snow days of which you speak? 4-6 inches means I damn-well better be at work!

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Pred maybe they need a real snow remover down in KC, think about relocating, I know Lou would HATE the thought of missing another day! I'd invite ya to NM, but lately snow here is about as common as a French military victory. :p

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Pred drives the salt truck. Sand sometimes too.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The ground is white here... half an inch? Watching the news yesterday, you'd think there was a blizzard, lol.

Gotta love it, 70 one day, snowing the next.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by Milk
Pred drives the salt truck. Sand sometimes too.

I thought he managed the salt pile. Wasn't it his uncle that got him that "job" for the city managing the salt pile so as to keep him out of town and away from the schoolyard? He got that cool hat with the flaps, too.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Crystal clear blue skys, a bit of a breeze and a chilly 68 here. Guess I better stop at the store for supplies on the way home incase it gets worse out and I'm stuck at home like Lou :laugh:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I just tried that " Snowed in " excuse on my wife.........it didn't work, I tried to tell her those were snow blowers in the background.........that didn't work either,( damn 4 storkes ) next time I'll either marry a blonde or wait till it's not 75 degs out

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
4-6" Lou? That's all? ARE YOU CRAZY! I was out and about in Rob's 4WD truck all day on Saturday with over a foot on the ground...and I don't think my neighborhood has seen a plow yet...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
Talk to us in August pantless.
I ride in August (and June & July), remember when I screwed up by riding alone & getting stuck? Forgot my hydration pack, got all out of my head and sucked the sweat out of my jersey so the coyotes wouldn't have me for dinner. Just call me Rambo :)

And yes you did move, I'm happy to report you'll see similar summer temps. Try not to make a puddle in the red dirt when you melt away Okie the Snowman :laugh:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Snow/storms have a way of bringing the holly & jolly out of you guys.. I've been driving 8 hrs a day in the crap and I love it, I hope it doesn't stop... Dry and bare roads are always nice but the snow is something else. If nothing else it keeps some people off the roads who shouldn't be on them in the first place.

Lou, you don't have a hair on your ass if you don't just throw that thing in reverse and bust through the pile at the end of your driveway! :laugh:

B

biglou

Originally posted by Camstyn
Lou, you don't have a hair on your ass if ... :laugh:
Hmmm, last time I heard that, I got called out at the riders meeting... :scream:

I'm tellin' ya, it would not move. Prolly 1/2" of ice in a nice dish-shape under the tires and that was all it took. Would not even "rock" back and forth. Not even a little bit. Once the neighbor pushed me out, I blew right through the ice dam at the end of the drive. And, 4-6 more inches today, but thankfully it's just the white fluffy stuff, not rain/sleet/snow mix. So there! :moon:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Camstyn
Snow/storms have a way of bringing the holly & jolly out of you guys.. I've been driving 8 hrs a day in the crap and I love it, I hope it doesn't stop... Dry and bare roads are always nice but the snow is something else. If nothing else it keeps some people off the roads who shouldn't be on them in the first place.

Cam - You SIR have never been to Texas. Every moron here thinks they know how to drive on ice. Nope.

Lou - You get my sympathy, nobody except somebody that lives in the ice belt understands.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Patman

remember when I screwed up by riding alone & getting stuck? Forgot my hydration pack, got all out of my head and sucked the sweat out of my jersey so the coyotes wouldn't have me for dinner. Just call me Rambo :)

Pfft, amateur... :)

Top Bottom