So after alll the talk I bought a 2000 CR125

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Finaly, I now have a nice running bike. I cant wait to ride it. I bought a 2000 CR125 for $1000. Has Pro Circuit Works pipe (raw finish) and silencer. V-force reeds, ASV levers (the kind that is "unbreakable"), Pro Taper bars... just all in all a decent bike. Compression is ok, guy says there is about 5-10 hours left on the piston. Starts first kick. Runs good, sounds good, can't wait to :ride:

I am getting up in the morning, clean and oil the filter, tighten chain a tad, check to spokes and tire pressure, replace tranny oil, and take her for a spin.

Any tips on keeping my 2 smoke alive?? I hear storys all the time on people cruizing in 5th then it locking up. So I need the "do's and dont's".

Also, I heard the V-force reeds are bad in CR's...true??

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Congrats Brandon! So avoid cruizing in 5th gear, On that bike it's wide open or nothing!
Good luck, Porkchop

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Porkchop said:
Congrats Brandon! So avoid cruizing in 5th gear, On that bike it's wide open or nothing!
Good luck, Porkchop

Thanks man! :cool: :cool:

Yall have been a big help, I know is a pain in the neck telling people the same thing over and over, but we gotta start somewhere. I have learned a LOT on this site.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Just took it for a ride, what a nice bike :cool: . I don't really like where the power band is at, not much bottom or even mid range power, but its a beast up top. I am sure thats just the way 125's are. I am sure the Pro Curcuit Works pipe isn't helping, and it could also use a jetting cause its pretty rich, but better safe then sorry.

Thinking about ways to bring the power band down more towards mid range, without port work.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
Brandon H. said:
Just took it for a ride, what a nice bike :cool: . I don't really like where the power band is at, not much bottom or even mid range power, but its a beast up top. I am sure thats just the way 125's are. I am sure the Pro Curcuit Works pipe isn't helping, and it could also use a jetting cause its pretty rich, but better safe then sorry.

Thinking about ways to bring the power band down more towards mid range, without port work.

you could always get Eric's 144 kit.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Hmm well maybe yall can give me a hand real quick. The bike ran fine, rode it back to my house, turned it off and went inside for a while. Come back out to ride it and its not starting.

I made sure the gas is on
I tried with and without choke
I pulled the plug and it looks ok, its rich but I put it back in the spark plug wire and there is spark.

What could be the problem?? Compression is still there. Could the spark plug be bad even though its still got spark??

*UPDATE*
Just changed the plug, spark looks better but still no start. I have no idea at this point :bang: :yell:

Last edited:

weav6385

Dec 19, 2009
Maybe you fouled a plug yes. If its rich just make sure you stay on it all the time and re jet is as soon as you can. Remove the plug and kick it over to get out the fuel that has flooded the cylinder and try again. Call a Honda dealer and ask what they suggest for jets. I would go up one notch with the clip to start tho.

Top Bottom