so cal dove springs 4-19 thru 4-21

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
We will be missing the national to ride dove this weekend i heard the conditions are perfect,the snow is melting so the trails are in great condition.

------------------

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Hey Bret,

Where is Dove Springs? I,ve lived in Socal for ten years and havent heard of this riding area. I guess ive had my head stuck in the sand.
Any room in your group for a couple more riders?

Later
mxbundy

------------------

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Its just past jawbone, ive ridden almost everywhere in socal and dove is my favorite,you can ride from the desert floor up into the pines.Your welcome to meet us out there i can get you directions if your interested.

------------------

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
I see said the blind man!

I ve been to jawbone a bunch of times and done the same thing, I mean ride up to the trees. Its about a 90 mile loop the way i ve been. We also go to a spot thats kind of secret, a few miles back down the road from Jawbone towards California City. We call it the PIPE, because we park under the aquaduct pipe. Its all private, but some friends of mine laid out about 40 or 50 miles of trails there and made maps and everything.
Do you need a sparky in dove springs? I ve got a new 250f and I dont have a sparky for it yet.
How many miles are we talking about here.
I have a big tank but my friend does not.
How many riders?
But yea, im intrested in going and I would love to meet some new blood. All of my regular crew are coming up lame lately.
Later mxbundy

------------------

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Some of the rangers say you need a sparky some say you dont,the only time i have been checked is in camp.We will have a wide range of skill level this weekend,so we will probably break up in groups for a ride and then all go for ride.Loops are usually 50 to 60 miles depending on who goes,some of them turn around after the first hill some finish.Sunday were going to try and ride this goat trail that starts above bodfish and drops back into kelso valley,its one of those trails that once you start you cant turn around so you have to ride it out to the bottom,we will only have a few people go on that one.You pass jawbone then turn into dove springs,left (there is a sign) the road winds to the right down the canyon,you will pass a bunch of camps,we always park at the end of the canyon past all the pit racers,we are usually the last group,a mile away from everyone.we will have around 5 trailers,look for the airstream that one always stands out.Your friend with the stock tank can carry gas,i have some empty oil bottles i use for long rides,all he needs is a backpack or a fannypack.
Any questions

you can reach me at 310 305 1663

------------------

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
EEL,
Whats up, are you going to make this one, this will be my last free ride of the season (besides kennedy meadows) were missing the national for this,come out bring your computer and we will figure that thing out,this is your last chance to finish the loop,the snow is melted so we wont have to find alternate ways back to camp run outta gas,make a fire on the trail and hope to be rescued.

------------------

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'll be there early Sat. morn - same place ?

------------------
The Eel
97 XR 250R

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Same spot unless someone gets it before us,but i doubt it because joe and i are outta here early 2 morrow morn.Everyone eles will be filtering in after that. If for some reason were not there we will be close just look for my trailer or Joes airstream.Looks like a little rain sat, could be perfect conditions,hope the goat trail does not get snowed in ive been waiting all season for that one.

------------------

Top Bottom