So Cal / Gorman - Piru to Miller Jeep to Snowy - S

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
So Cal / Gorman - Piru to Miller Jeep to Snowy - Sunday, September 8th

Who's up for it ? It's about 28 miles total ... short but pretty tough. Meet at King's Campground at 9 AM.

If anyone needs directions let me know ...

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Nah, the CPT ain't gonna make this one. Drill weekend. I'll have a quiet little chuckle to myself thinking of you guys though. :p I'll expect a full ride report. Be sure to hydrate really good before you ride & bring lots of water & a powerbar or two or you may find yourself :uh:

Enjoy! :moon:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'm in, I've been jonesing bad for a ride and I'm done moving.

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Kiwi, I was way to rich on the bottom up there (top was great) - I was running 48/175. What size pilot do you think would be good for up there? I just put in a 40, but unfortunately can't test for elevation till I get there (next time :whiner: ).

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Awesome ... of course it's always good to have the Kiwi along. ( FYI ... I was finally able to fix that sheared bolt in the fork clamp ... pried the clamp open like you suggested and was able to get a vise grip on the bolt nub ) Thanks and see ya on Sunday !!!!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Wish I could but I'm still nursing the wrist.

Kiwi - Were are the new diggs? House warming party? I'll bring beer and tri-tips!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Thumbs - Don't actually have a place yet, I'm in a couple of storage units and staying at the GF's place. New place looks like out on Vasquez Canyon (by Rowher Flats) - got a 4 car garage, a barn, 5.5 acres for the track and a house.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
New place looks like out on Vasquez Canyon (by Rowher Flats) - got a 4 car garage, a barn, 5.5 acres for the track and a house.

:thumb: Awesome Kiwi. That sounds great. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Not gonna make it this weekend. You guys have fun and be safe. ;)

Ol'89r

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Any talk of another DRN day at Gorman? I'd love to come down and ride with everybody but I need a bit more notice to make the trip from Santa Rosa.......

Brian

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Jack - try a 45, 40 will be too lean, and adjust the airscrew.

Eel - where is the meeting place? How do you get there.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'll be at the camp at 9 AM.

Enter Gorman at the Smokey Bear entrance .... follow the paved road until it splits ... and take it leftish. This is the road that takes you past the brown Los Padres Forest sign up near the end of Roadrunner trail ... you know the one. Follow that road for a few miles ... soon you'll see King's campground (or King's Cty. campground) on the left side. Make that left and follow it in for about a 1/2 mile ... you'll see my truck in a clearing off to the right.

Snowy starts right out of that campsite. However, we're gonna jump back out on the road and take it a little further up to Piru Creek trail so we can start there, and do Snowy on the way out.

Bring lots of liquids.

See ya soon !

Last call ?

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
NVR FNSH.

Whatever weekend works for you. With a couple a weeks notice more people seem to join up for these rides. I would say post a date thats good for you and we'll join up.

Greg

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
If/when we get it there'll be a big house warming party with ride.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom