Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
Anybody interested in heading to the track tomorrow? I'm thinking of heading to either Glen Helen or Saddleback, but I'll listen to other options :D

If anybody's is interested in meeting up, let me know.
Bill
00 YZ250 #97

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm gonna have to pass on this one right now, I was thinking of an Elsinore ride on one of the next few wednesdays. For info, you need to be at the saddleback track by 7am, no later or they won't let you in. Too crowded right now so be careful.
Elk

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
Sorry you wont be able to make it. Right now I'm leaning towards going to Glen Helen. It's closer to my house anyway, but you never know, I might still end up at Elsinore.

I should be back into my Wednesday routine next week, although I'm trying to talk everybody into heading to Perris.

Hopefully we'll catch up in the next week or so.
Bill

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Go to ELSINORE!! I'll meet you, and you can be the first of my riding buddies to see the brand new GasGas. Figure I might as well break it in on the vet track. Woo hoo!:)

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
Hmmm. . .Elsinore. Well, I guess I could be talked into that. I hear that the new section on the main track is finished. Plus I would get to see you break in your new bike :p

Since you'll be on the new toy (one that I'm sure will like the track better than your 400), you'll have to promise not to run me over!

What time do you want to go (please don't say before 9:00. . .please don't say before 9:00)?

Okay, I know that Elk and MXDad can't make it, where all all the other So. Cal. guys? Ol'89er, JPIVEY, fred2, Holeshot, thumbs??

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
I might be able to make it thursday?
I'm waiting on a friend, but he hasn't called me back so I might just have to bail him.
He rides in the evening time and I prefer Mornings.
I get there about 9am or so.;)

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Not to give anyone too many options but.......Scar and I will be checking out Saddleback Thursday after work. They are open to 10pm.

LT - New Gasgas........very sweetsweet:)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Hey just to forwarn you guys, there is talk on the saddleback website about it being shut down. No lie!! I'm so PO'd I can't think.

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
billywho: I've started hearing some of the same rumors :(

So, it looks like it'll be Elsinore for me. I'm thinking of getting there about 9:00 and parking by the 80cc track. I'm driving a blue S10 Blazer with a black trailer and a 00YZ 250 #97.

Let me know if this works for you guys. I'll see you there!!
Bill

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
They say they will give an update tonight. go to saddlebackmx.com in the message boards so you can be sick like the rest of us :( . They will let us know what the "call to action" is going to be if need be.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Re: saddleback mx. They are not shutdown yet! We'll be there thurs. pm. FYI there are lights on the main track and pee wee, so far no lights on the vet. Riding starts at 400pm thurs. so if you only want the vet track get there before dark. :cool:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I got two bids to put together by the 14th but after that I'm free

Last edited:

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
JPIVEY: We'll look forward to seeing you then.

So, LongTime and J_dem_Bones, you guys in for the morning??

If the worst ends up happening with Saddleback, maybe thumbs and scar tissue will be able to swing a morning ride??

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

I sure would like to go to Els. or Saddleback, but I have to go to Starwest for 4:30 practice on Thurs. The OTHG is having a race there on Sunday, and that's the track I crashed hard on back in May (I think). I have to get over my fear of the place and there's no way I'm going there "cold" on Sunday.

I have to get rid of the "Starwest Curse".:think

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Saddleback is Closed!

It's now posted on Saddleback's website that they have in fact "voluntarily" suspended operations pending discussions with various county authorities.

This is an unbelievable example about how vicious the attack is on our sport. They have the address, phone and email posted on the website for letters and phone calls of support.

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
I will be there around 9 am.
I will look for you guys next to the 80cc track.

I'm in a white Chevy S-10 lifted, 00 YZ426f #121.

see ya there:confused:

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Looks like I should be able to ride tomorrow. I probably won't get there until about 11 - when it cools off ;)

LT, I"m sure they would appreciate all the help they can get. There are three partners, all the info is a http://www.saddlebackmx.com

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Hey guys,
Been reading your posts for the past few weeks, envious of your mid-week rides :(
Well, I've decided to bite the bullet and take a day off and venture down to Elsinore (or wherever) next time everyone decides to do another mid-week (Wednesday/Thursday) ride! Can't due it next week (out on travel), but anytime there after would be fine. I usually ride on the weekends, but have yet to go to Elsinore or Comp. Park.
I'll keep checking for updates :D
See ya soon!
CLIFF

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm thinking of a Wed ride the following week, 9-19 or maybe 9-26. I have a training class on the 19th so I'm leaning towards the 26th in the early a.m. Hope all can make it too! Cya
Elk

Top Bottom