So Cal Riding, Last weekend in July

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
Or 1st week of Aug. Will be in Orange County, and would like to hook up with someone who knows the area. My Bro and I would like to go to Ocitello Wells, we think(spelling?). I've heard a lot about Kennedy Meadows, but that seems like a really long drive from Orange County. Any suggestions?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
roostafish.

Keep an eye on this forum. We have rides in So. Cal. almost every weekend somewhere. It may be a little hot to go to Ocotillo Wells during this time of year.

You are welcome to join us.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
That time of year, almost anywhere. You might try Silverwood Lake, Big Bear area or Gorman. Anything in the mountains. We don't have anything planned after the Big Bear ride, but, this could be a good excuse to plan something. Wer'e easy.;)

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
roostafish....

how is it going????? Did you get a new GG or are you riding something elese???? The EC200 is holding up excellent. I have not touched the bike since I bought it, except for chain and sprockets!

I would STAY away form the desert this time of year.....way yo hot to be riding...

Have a good one...

Rick

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
I'm convinced about the Dez, so we'll be going to Gorman Friday July 3rd.

Mr. WR, sadly I'm still riding my XR 250. I've gotten used to it, but I've been missing the Gas Gas. It's taken a SRC fork brace to really make it ridable.

I've been getting pretty well spanked in the races I'm doing. Last week I got fourth place at an ISDE, on silver, so that wasn't too bad, but it was pretty technical.

There has been rumors flying of the new Husqvarna four strokes. Sounds like there 250 thumper may actually get released this fall, so I may go Husky.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Roosta -- just saw that you're visiting. Of course we can do our post to show you some hospitality down here in the OC region -- right Thumbs, Scar, Ol89r, PlaceLast, Eel, RmJeff, etc? What EXACT days are you in town, and which are you able to ride? (I'm assuming July 3 was a misprint?)

RiverRat

May 4, 2001
Just an FYI, for those that are interested. . . .

Myself and a bunch of folks are heading up to Pismo for a little dune riding. Most everyone that goes (80%), is riding some sort of MX bike with a paddle tire. We'll be there August 10, 11, and 12. If anyone is interested let me know and I can post more info. If not, well, you'll know were I'll be!! ;)

-RiverRat

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
Looks like my available riding time is shortening. I will be able to ride Aug 3, which is a Friday. I've lined up one local for that day, he lives a 30 minute drive from Gorman, so it sounds like that's my destination.

Top Bottom