brett r

Nov 6, 2000
I think i may go to gorman and ride snowy this sun does anyone know if its open.also anyone that is interested is welcome to join eel kiwi jeff ol 89r?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Sunday sounds great for Snowy ... I did have a tentative to meet Kiwi and his Krazy Krew at Jawbone though ... I'll check up with him ... we should all meet somewhere regardless ... glad to see you did well at
the Running Cactus ... you're tearin' it up bro' ! 323-461-2811

------------------
The Eel
97 XR 250R

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'm thinking about it. I'll know more tomorrow. Is Snowy open yet?

Mrs. Vixen

Feb 11, 2001
I have to work but Mr. V has my permission to go. ;) He's tuning up old Frankie now.

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Vixen (edited 03-29-2001).]

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Im having a hard time finding out if its open hopefully ill hear by tonight.I would like to start early maybe take tejon to snowy then ride snowy to the top anyone who wants can ride the fire roads back from there,the rest can turn around and ride it the opposite direction.If snowy is closed we can ride out of frazier and take the creek to halfmoon campground thats alot of fun but more difficult than snowy and you get soaked.kiwi would love that one but if theres alot of water i dont even know if its makeable.But ill give it a try either way.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
LOL Brett, I had a double dose of Death March last weekend. 7 hours for 70 miles on Saturday and we were seriously thinking we would be spending the night out in the sticks - we finally made it home at 7pm. One light between the 2 of us.

Snowy would be fine, don't need no mo punishment!!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'd love to go real early .. more riding

Let me know what time and what campground ...

Just remember .. I'm the hacker in this talented group ...

------------------
The Eel
97 XR 250R

[This message has been edited by the Eel (edited 03-29-2001).]

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Ahem, Excuuuuuse me. Did I here the Kiwi correctly? ENOUGH? WHAT WAS THAT? Alright, now you've done it. "No mo punishment"? I DON'T THINK SO.

BTW-Still scratchin'

------------------
President,ETRA.
'01 KTM520E,
'99 KTM200E,
'93 CR500R
enee,menee,minee,mo

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
LOL!! Listen up you Northern Nutscratcher, I meant NO MO THINKIN ABOUT SPENDING THE NIGHT OUT WITH THE BEARS!! OK?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
brett. I would really like to do Snowy this weekend, but, my grandson is racing the arena cross at Costa Mesa and I'm not sure what day he is racing yet.
Kiwi. Did I hear you right??? I thought you thrived on punishment. Ohmygod, what a letdown. ;)

------------------
"Old age and treachery, sumthin, sumthin, can't remember the rest."
Ol'89r

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
I have not found out if its open yet.The other trail I was thinking of may not be makeable if the water in piru creek is too high ,half the time your riding right up the middle of the creek ,I rode it at the end of may last year and got completly soaked so we might want to wait till it warms up a little.I will check out the temps but we wont know the water level till we get there.I think snowys
the best bet if its open.

RWR

Oct 9, 2000
I was out at Hungry Valley last weekend and all the mountain trails are closed.There is still alot of snow.Call the Mt. Pinos ranger station in Frazier Park for details.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Well I'm out. Have to go to work to baby sit inaminate objects that might herniate during Daylight Savings changeover. They haven't yet, but, well, you know, they might.

How about next weekend - it's last ride for me till I get back from Texas 5/5.

Kiwi

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
I'm out too guys. Turns out, my grandsons race is on Sunday.
See ya next time.

------------------
"Old age and treachery, sumthin, sumthin, can't remember the rest."
Ol'89r

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Rode the east side of Big Bear last weekend and it's clear of snow and was great. Planning to check out the Arrowhead area this weekend. Hard to say how much snow is still on the north faces, especially in the canyons. Should be great this summer with all the snow melt.

Top Bottom