So Cal - Snowy Trail - Sunday, August 18th

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Well, finally gonna do it. Cpt Jack and I will be at Edison Campground on Sunday at 9 AM. We're gonna do a little Hungry Valley warmup and then head out to tackle Snowy.

Who's gonna join us ?

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Which way are you gonna attemp? Top down or bottom up? It's best to do first thing since it will be quite warm and boil-overs are just a fact of life on this trail. Even for a couple of B class riders, we found it to be very chalenging, motivating and fun after it was over. While on the trail.....Nothin' but alot of cussing and cursing!

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Bottoms up!!

I have riden this one about 6 times since it was re-opened and it is a doosie.

I would join you guys except I am FINALLY moving into the shop, so riding is gonna be put off for a while.

I would recommend filling up the camel backs for this ride. It is alot of fun and challenging. There is a stream going thru the bottom I am not sure how much water there is now. My buddies and I have been known to take a dip in the stream to avoid the heat. Have a good one and let me know how it went and next time I will join Ya'll. :eek:

Brian

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Dang I wanna go too Thumbs :( So Eel, you guys are going UP Arrastra for the warmup right?

Originally posted by endosports
My buddies and I have been known to take a dip in the stream to avoid the heat.

Doh - you just brought back a horrifying memory that almost ruined my eyesight forever. Picture a 300 (and then some) pound Swede buck nekkid standing right in front of you wanting to visit .....

I am off to therapy again - thanks :)

Last edited:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Thanks for nothing Eddie, I'd almost forgotten.

Have fun guys, I've got to find a place to live.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Darn, I want to try Snowy. I got my wife to change plans this weekend so I could go Sat. and do the Miller Ride. If I change to SUN. now I will be riding less than I do now. I'll be waiting for your ride report.

I'll try and make it next time. Maybe late next month after it cools off a little bit.

Have fun.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Have fun guys, I'll be at miller Canyon Sat. So I'm out for Sun.

I'll catch you next time

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
OldNSlow - maybe you should give in to your wife's Saturday plans (sacrifice)- just to show her how much you love her. .....and then do Snowy w/ us on Sunday! :)

No other takers? This is gonna be epic!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by CPT Jack

No other takers? This is gonna be epic!

CPT Jack, Eric.

Would really like to do Snowy with you guys, but planning on doing the Miller Cyn. ride on Saturday. Recommend going from the bottom up.

We will be anxiously awaiting a ride report. :eek:

Let's plan another Snowy ride before it,,,,, well,,,,,,,, snows. :scream: :)

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Cpt Jack,

To late. She changed her plans.

I'll be waiting for your ride report. If you guys survive I'll go on the next Snowy ride.

Good luck, and don't scratch your new bike to much.

OAS

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Lets get it on the calendar

Now you're talking! :)

You guys enjoy yer fireroads....We'll be cursing the Gods! :p

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
TTR Guy - I doubt we'll warmup by going up Arrastra - you crazyman !

I'm looking forward to Snowy Trail - hopefully we can find it !

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
It's easy to find.

Just head back on the main road going into the Forest(dual sport guys shouldn't have a problem with riding the road). Before you get to the base of alamo mountain(where the stream crosses the road, before the up hill all paved) there will be a road you can only go left on. Turn left and there will be another area to camp and snowy starts there. This is the easiest way to take the trail. You will be traveling down the tuff switch backs and going up hill on the way out passing a log cabin.
At the end of the trail(if you make it) it will dump you out at the top of alamo mountain. Go right at the end of the trail and it will lead you to the pavement and an easy ride out.

I wish I could make it with you guys and show you the way. Ask for a map at the ranger check in and that should help.

If anyone has a green sticker I could borrow I could make it. :cool:

ENDO

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom