So Cal - weekend of April 7th & 8th

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
So where's everyone going this weekend ?

I'd like to get out and ride with some of you folks ... let's hear what everyone's got cookin' ...

------------------
The Eel
97 XR 250R

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
I was thinking of Stoddard and Johnson although I barely know the area. Rowher Flats I know a bit too well. Perhaps this newbie could join up with some others for a change?

------------------
It is allright to be afraid. Ya just can't let fear dictate your actions.

Gyrros

Mar 8, 2000
I plan on riding on sunday but don't have anyone to ride with and don't know where to go. Is anyone going to Gorman or riding nearby LA? I hate riding by alone so if anyone wants to ride on sunday just let me know.

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
TWMC keg run @ hannahs hole.Im going out fri afternoon its out off 395 i think its close to where you rode 2 weeks ago.looks like a good weekend to try out your new computer

[This message has been edited by brett r (edited 04-05-2001).]

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Thumbs, his buddy dave and son, + maybe 2 two more, and myself are heading out to corona/ lake street area on Sat. We're going to try and ride just south of werrick rd. on the 15 and off to the left. I don't know the extact street name but saw a bunch of guys out there last weekend while we coming back from elsonore. We always meet up at the green river offramp on the 91 by the jack in the box. we'll meet around 9:30 if anyone else is game. Black dodge w/ XR600,+ Tan Ford w/ CR125, YZ125, XR100

------------------
chicks dig scars, pain heals, glory lives forever

[This message has been edited by scar tissue (edited 04-05-2001).]

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I joined Scar and Thumbs at Lake street last weekend - it was a freestyle scene of sorts.

One jump was about one foot wide and launched the rider near vertical over a chasm with bare box springs at the bottom, ready to impale if you didn't land on top of the cliff on the other side.

Another sick (sic?) jump was an impossible looking long and vertical jump up the side of another cliff. My health insurance doesn't cover it, so I didn't try those jumps.

Even the easier jumps had steep faces that seem to try and slam your handlebars into your chest.

I probably won't be able to ride this weekend, but I will take my daughter (9) riding during the week (spring break) to El Mirage or similar area.

------------------
Holeshot's Page

[This message has been edited by holeshot (edited 04-05-2001).]

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
I'm definetly going riding this weekend. Physical therapy is over and I can't wait any longer!!! My buddy and I usually ride out here in Beaumont because it's so close. If I can't get an answer from him tonight, maybe I'll meet you all out there in Corona / Elsinore area... I'll check in tomorrow.

------------------
William
KTM200EXC

[This message has been edited by *william* (edited 04-05-2001).]

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
OK - the action is at the TWMC event on Sunday - the DDRT Keg Run enduro.

For details: http://pw2.netcom.com/~sorudne/events.htm

Gyrros - you should check this out - it's alot of fun and inexpensive - $7 or so for a guest ... let me know

Rogue - you should check it also .. a real good time and great folks ... otherwise we should hook up another time .. I live real close to Rowher but have never been there .. would be great if you could show me around ... hopefully I can get to show you some cool spots I've been shown by the So Cal DIRTRIDER.net members ...

William, Holeshot, Scar - why don't you guys come on out for the Keg Run ? It's by Red Mountain ... a cool area for riding ... otherwise - what's up next weekend ? Might as well book in advance !

Can't wait ... finally got the computer setup and I look forward to seeing everyone ... anyone have really good directions ? :confused:

------------------
The Eel
97 XR 250R

[This message has been edited by the Eel (edited 04-05-2001).]

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
This one should be easy to find.When you get lost my pager is 310 588 8327.Try and get there by 8:30 sat.for the extreme trail ride,if you dont feel like that there is another group going on a regular ride to the burro schmidt tunnel.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Extreme Trail Ride on Saturday ? Is this a race or just a ride ? Tim Moore explained via e-mail that this an Enduro .. no ?

Let me know Brett and thanks for the pager again ... really appreciate it.

RM Jeff - are you going ? That'd be cool ..

------------------
The Eel
97 XR 250R

Gyrros

Mar 8, 2000
How's it going eel? Is this an enduro race or is it trail riding? Beacause, I don't think I can physically hang that long, on my bike. I am not even prepared for a race (you know, bike set up/tools/cammel bak ). Although, it is sounding very tempting,I feel
a little intimadated by this enduro stuff. But I am geting an itch to go. If it is a race how long is it and is it on sunday? I could only ride on sunday.

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Saturday there is a race for begineers it starts at 2pm im not racing it but will be helping with the course,i will be following my girlfriend in it to help her if she needs it.Sat at 8:30am we are going on a trail ride no race just a ride.There are two rides one thats going to be hard and an easy one to the burrow schmidt tunnel.Sat eve they are having the keg.Sun is a race novices will probably do 30 to 40 miles amatuers and experts will probably do 50 to 60 miles.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Eel- I still cant go. I cant get the range of motion back in my wrist. Strength is still pretty low.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by RMjeff (edited 04-06-2001).]

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
I found a partner and will be tooling around out here in the Beaumont area. This is my first "real" ride since my injury and I'm not up for a full day of riding, much less an enduro, but thanks.

Eel, I've looked into TWMC before and want to join, those events sound like a good time. I was in touch with Lastplace, but something has always come up. I'll be there soon, I'm sure.

RMjeff Broken wrist? Ouch, me too. Fixator or cast? 3 months now and I've got most of my movement back, and about 2/3 of my strengh. I can't stand it any longer; I've got to at least go putt around.

------------------
William
KTM200EXC

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Conditions look perfect maybe a little rain on saturday.eel if you find us remind me to give you the info for the gorman race in may i want to pack my minute with people i know.

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Anyone headed out towards Jawbone or Dove Springs ? Actually, I'm suppose to go to California City, but I haven't heard any good comments about it so I'm trying to talk the other guys into going to Jawbone or Dove Springs. If my friends backout at the last minute (which they've been known to do) I'll probably go the the track in Adelanto. I'll check back later.

Hope everyone has a great weekend riding :D

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'm going to Jawbone on Sunday. Meeting at Jerry's Cafe (opposite the Jack in the Box - 1st restaurant at 58/14 intersection) at 8am.

Ride will be intermediate/advanced with a few obstacles from time to time. Everyone welcome.

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Cal city has some of the best riding in so cal,but you should meet up with the kiwi they always seem to have good rides.

[This message has been edited by brett r (edited 04-06-2001).]

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
Four to five says a week I am off. Saturday I have work. Darn! Sunday I will try to meet with Kiwi and friends.

------------------
It is allright to be afraid. Ya just can't let fear dictate your actions.

Top Bottom