So Cal - where to ride by Mojave ?

cmotogo

Sep 18, 2000
I'm going down to visit people in California City this weekend. I haven't been there in a long time. Is Jawbone the best place to ride there ? Also I remember a sand wash around there that had really high banked sides and went on for miles but I forgot where it is. Any info on good riding in the area is appreciated.
:cool:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Jawbone is still a great place to ride, but it's very hot right now. Staging in Jawbone and riding up St John's Ridge to get to the Piute Mtns is pretty good this time of year.

cmotogo

Sep 18, 2000
thanks for the info., yea I thought it would be hot, looks like morning is the time to ride. Sand sounds great, I have't been in sand in a long time..

cyz490

Sep 28, 2000
Charlies' Place is also a fun place to ride not to far from Cal City it's right off 395 can give you directions if interested

z20ate

Jun 18, 2001
Red mountain is the best place but I'd just get up eary and ride at Cal City. Go to the end of town past the golf course and turn left at the stop sign, when you come to a fork in the road stay to the right and keep going until you see the new prison (on the right side of road). Any place in that area is a good place to park. Have fun.

Top Bottom