slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
ditto Kiwi. We hurt with you, maybe not as much but we know what you are going through and are thoughts are with you. :(

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
No words can take away the pain of having to say good-bye to a lifelong friend. :( My condolences to you during your time of loss. As Dave said, sometimes doing the best thing for them is the hardest thing on us. Hold tight to the memories you've collected over those 17 years.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Last night I hardly slept at all.. she was next to my side with her chin resting on my shoulder. All day she wanted me to lay with her and if I snuck away while she was sleeping and she woke up she wouldn't settle back down until I would go back and lay with her. I think me being near her in the state she was in was the only comfort she had. She seemed really confused and I think the only thing I could do was be by her.

It has been a few hours and everything feels empty. I was really suprized at how quick it was... I thought they would just go to sleep slowly and I would get to hold her and wasn't like that. It was instant... about 2 seconds. I felt releived knowing that she was okay now, but it still hurts.

My dad is cremating her for me and they said I get a little ceder chest with her ashes in it, and he is getting me a locket for me to remember her by.

Anyways, thanks for listening and for all the kind words.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Jenny, I am so sorry. After reading your post and Natalie's post I have tears in my eyes.

I know what it's like to lose a pet, I myself have lost one dog and two cats, unfortunately all to car accidents.

Cherish the memories you and Buffy have together, it'll get easier with time. You know and Buffy knows that you are doing the right thing.

:whiner::whiner::whiner:

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
:( :whiner: :(

Bad news ... right decision. You will always have your memories of Buffy to get you through the pain.

wrench

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Sorry to hear that, Jenny. I agree with everyone else, though, you shouldn't regret your decision. It was the right one. A hard one, but the right one. Hope you're OK.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sorry Jenny! Its not easy but the best thing. We had to do this with afew dogs over the years. Too bad they couldnt live as long as we do! :(

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Jenny,

Sorry to hear about your dog.  I applaude your courage.  I know that it is not an easy thing to have to say good bye to a friend.  As many have already said - you are doing the right thing for your dog.

JimK

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Jenny, the hardest decisions in life are usually done correctly because the decision is made from the heart with love.  I'm very sorry for hearing of this.  It seems that many of US here at DRN have best friends that are always waiting for us when we get home and are always happy to see us.  Your friend will always be with you, the sadness will subside, and your memories will be fond.

Brian

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
:whiner:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Jenny, I am so sorry to hear that. I went through the loss of a lifelong friend a few years ago--I got my cat Amy when I was 3, lost her when I was 19. I cried for weeks.

I hope you are doing ok.

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
I'm sorry Jen, I know you were concerned when I talked to you in chat last week. I have to say that I almost love my pets more than family sometimes. (hey family can be a pain in the as$) Having to let one go is never an easy choice :whiner:

Top Bottom