Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
and we ran into a little snow. Wierd. Snow from Grayling through Gaylord to mackinaw. Over the bridge and NO SNOW! Then it picked up again just north of Marquette. It was about 6 inches deep in gaylord area and maybe 8-9 in Houghton. We left friday and Stayed in marquette Friday night, left to see Nathan on Sat morning. Spent the day with Nate doing some lunch and shopping and then we watched the TIGERS BEAT OAKLAND TO GET TO THE WORLD SERIES! The we went out for Steaks to celebrate and watched Michigan beat Penn State. Dropped off Nate and drove back to Marquette to the Hotel. Got up Sunday and drove home. First 3 shots were Sat morning north of Marquette and the last one is Gaylord Sunday afternoon on the way home. It is way too early for this crap. :|

Attachments

• snow sat.1.jpg
    snow sat.1.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 220
  • sat snow.2.jpg
    sat snow.2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 221
  • snow.3.jpg
    snow.3.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 222

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
This is coming back home near Gaylord.

Attachments

• snow.4.jpg
    snow.4.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 222

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Freddy....That is really depressing....PLease dont post pictures like that for another 2 months please.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
unless there's a polaris in it doing a righteous ski-lee

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Yep...sickening!

We ended up in the UP this weekend as well. Comrade Mikhail bought a used bike (he joins the pumpkin patch officially now!) in Marquette so we drove up to get it early Saturday. By the time we were in Marquette ZERO snow! The guy that sold the bike wanted to do some riding, so MItch and I brought our bikes. He had a couple buddies join us for a ride in the Loose Moose area - had a blast! It was cold, but got sunny later on - sweet conditions! Great to see those trails in more laid back manner like we did on Saturday!

See you guys this weekend...with NO snow!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Been there done that! Aaron & my self went to Marquette, checked out NMU. Drove up Thursday came home Friday. They been recruiting him for the music program. Hey Freddy how'd you like the wind advisory on the bridge? "Long drive!"

Jun 23, 2006
Yeah, I dove home friday from Houghton. No snow once I hit Marquette until Indian River. Almost went off the road when going over a bridge . . . I guess those "Bridge May be ICY" signs have some meaning . . .

I had a nice drive back up here. Left the Detroit area about 10:00 last night and got back to Houghton at 7:30 this morning, just in time for class . . .

Looking forward to Goshen.

I'm going to take a nap now.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Hey Fred:
how was the snow in (and around) Newberry. I'm still hoping to get back up to Sand Town once or twice more before snow's too deep til spring.
RJ

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Partly cloudy and a high of 47 for Saturday. It might be time to put the vented riding gear away. Otherwise, it sounds like it's gonna be a great weekend.

:cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
The weather forecast for Sat. was rain & cold on one station and cold & sunny on the other at the gym this morning. Still some snow in the yard.
Don

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Don Marsh said:
The weather forecast for Sat. was rain & cold on one station and cold & sunny on the other at the gym this morning. Still some snow in the yard.
Don
Hummmm this should throw a twist on the fair weathered riders... Maybe Freddy should do another head count to see who's really gonna be there?... :nod:

DW

Top Bottom