ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
...and Mrs Mafols comes runnin' over and says, in a very excited voice, "Theres a skunk in my camp!"

A few folks respond, "What?"

Mrs. Mafols says again, still terribly excited, "There's a skunk in my camp! He is digging thru my trash can right now! Rabbit I know what to do with. Deer, squirrel, and a bunch of other critters, I know how to get them ready for the pot. But what do I do with a skunk!?!?!?!?!"

Keep in mind this was later in the evening, so those present were, at this point, shall we say, "quite comfortable"
(at least I was!).

So here is some of the advice(concerning the skunk in her camp) offered to Mrs. Mafols, when she asked "What do I do with him?"-

1) Don't step on his tail!
2) Don't yell at him!
3) Leave him alone, he won't drink much.
4) Can you get me a beer without disturbin' him?
5) He's a DW skunk, he won't bother you.
6) If you speak french coon ass too him he will love you forever!
7) Don't piss him off!
8) Sit down, relax, and have another beer/jager bomb.
9) Don't "Get him ready for the pot".
10) Leave him alone, he won't drink much.
11) Can you get me a beer without disturbin' him?

Man, it don't get no better than that!!!!

:laugh:

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Nothing quite like a racing striped kitty to stir up the senses.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I thought that aroma was Lauren Swenson.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
that must have been the same one that our camp crossed paths with. Twice.

the first time was when I went back to camp from the evening "party" to fetch another beer. Those pesky stray dogs had been constantly getting in our trash and generally causing trouble, and when I heard and saw something on the other side of the card table in our camp, I assumed (wrongly) that it was the small black dog. I moved around to the far side of the table to "encourage" the "dog" to leave, then from no more than about two feet away realized it was a skunk. I startled it, and it did a little "WARNING-STAY AWAY!!!" dance. I quickly backed away.

Skunk incident #2...Steve slept in the enclosed trailer all week. He forgot his flashlight, so the only thing he had for a flashlight was this huge spotlight that he had ductaped to the front fender off of his CR. He heard a noise outside of the trailer in the middle of the night. Thinking it was the dogs again, he opens up the side door and unleashes ten kazillion candlepower on this dog that turns out to be our resident skunk. Luckily, he didn't get sprayed either.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
That was some good jambalaya, I don't care who you put in it!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
ChopperDave said:
That was some good jambalaya, I don't care who you put in it!

I second that!

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
HEY! that dam thing was eating the dog food out of the dish one of those nights. The youngest, DAD< DAD! a kitty! I looked out and was whoa STOP! get back, thankfully that smelly little varmit was eating and not paying attention!

wardy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom