dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by BigLou
And the price was right-got it for a song.

I hope for Al's sake you weren't the one singing. :eek: :confused:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The UPS guy rings the doorbell a few days before X-MAS. I open the door, and he says in a complete stoner voice "Dude, you're gettin' a Dell!".

:)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
So, it's Christmas night. I'm sitting in Al's basement after bringing over The Great Outdoors 1 & 2 for him to watch, when I says "I need to get me one of those". He says, "You can have that one". Really? What was he talking about? Let's just say, Superbowl party's at my house this year! :aj:

Click!

Maybe not the latest or greatest technology, but damn nice and BIG! And the price was right-got it for a song.
NIIIIICE!. It's so big you can see Ricky's zits. :eek:

Smit, did you get the desktop with the 17 iinch flat panel monitor?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
JP - No, already had the Dell desktop 8300 2.5GHz w/ 19" flat panel LCD. Santa brought a Dell (Lexmark) P1500 laser printer.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I got a payment book. Just a week before we orderred a new 5th wheel toybox. Also got a portable air compressor and some airtools, a shop creeeper that also converts to a stool, DVD Animal House 25th anniversary :thumb:, and the great outdoors2.
I will also get a Kayak (as soon as my wife uses it 3 or 4 times and then decides it is to much work).
The kid got a MP3 player, lots of clothes, andsome tools.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Lets see...
I got a few DVDs (Boondock Saints being one of them. :yeehaw: ) A few books (“Quit Smoking for Dummies” was one of them, thoughtful, but I don’t smoke :silly: ), some CDs (Juno Reactor, The Black Eye Peas, and Blackhawk) a huge Nut Cracker, some other odds and ends, and $150 to get what ever I want for the bikes. :aj: And a new AV contnecter to hook up my PS2 to my widescreen (don’t worry Lou it may be HDTV, but you still have a better set up then me ;) )

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
My best gift was the money for a new Z-clutch w/external adjust, whenever they are ready for my bike. (Dang, I hate waiting!)

I got a surprize gift from a company that I rep for. I was floored when I opened up the yearly Christmas card I get from them and found a gift certificate at Golf Galaxy! Not your ordinary certifcate good for a sleeve of balls....no this was a $1000 certificate! (Look out Big Bertha...I'm comin to get ya hon!)
I'm way stoked. :)

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by Jaybird
this was a $1000 certificate!
I'm way stoked. :)

Dang Jay, I only got a $25.00 gift card for Target from the company I work for :think:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Well...I got what I asked for. Mrs. Greenie knew how bad I wanted a Gameboy Advance for Xmas. Sure enough, I got one in a box with a blender on the outside of it. I opened my gift and had this surprised look of "Gee thanks, you got me a blender." She looks at me and says,"Just open the box..." and then snickers. I was impressed. :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
The downside of my gift is that I think she likes playing it just as much as I do. So, I'm thinking I'll be buying a second real sooon. ;)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I actually got a lot more enjoyment out of giving some great gifts this year. It's a drag when you can't find a decent gift for someone, but very satisfying when you really hit the mark.

My 9 year old has been wanting to snowboard forever. Being a hardcore downhill skiing family, we never bought him a snowboard or had him try it. Selfish on my part, but I wanted him to learn how to downhill really well before jumping on a snowboard. I knew that once on a snowboard, he'd be very reluctant to learn downhill. Being a pretty proficient skier now, we got him a Burton snowboard. Since we really hadn't talked about snowboarding for a couple of years, the gift was a complete surprise and completely blew him away.

As for my wife, she has a girlfriend that moved out to San Francisco about 6-7 years ago, and although they are still close and keep in touch, they haven't seen each other since the move. Her and my wife have been friends since they were in elementary school - over 30 years. Well, since moving to Cali, my wife's friend has fought off a breast cancer scare, and multiple fertility problems. Finally, she is happy, healthy, and just had a baby girl a few months ago. I called my wife's friend out in California, and set up a trip. The last present my wife opened was box with blown up picture of the my wife's friend, the Golden Gate bridge, a brochure on San Francisco, and an airline ticket for a 5 day trip. She leaves January 15th (without kids!).

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I gots me some tube socks, new undies, a pocket knife for stabbin' people, a "gift certificate" for a steelhead fishing trip in February (so Reno is definitely out now), and a few other things I bought myself.

zia scored a nice Dooney & Bourke purse, but not before opening the hand-made knockoff (hand-made by me, that is), an MP3 player, Lowes gift certificates for buying stuff for me to install around the house, and a few other things.

the kids made out pretty well. We're starting them off slow, so each year Christmas gets better and better. Leap Pad's, a play-kitchen set and action figures make up their favorites.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Nice job, Smit!! I agree with the giving not recieving part. I just realized this year that I must be growing up finally since I was way more excited to have people open the gifts I gave them than to open mine.

However, I did get some great stuff. Future father in law gave me a fly rod and reel. My two biggest gifts were a gas powered power washer from my fiance (total surprise, never talked about it before) and a tool box full of carpentry hand tools and new nail bags from my Dad. I have recently started doing some remodel work on the side, but my nailbags had been scavenged completely since I last used them. Dad went over the top!

Kristen said she thought of the power washer at DW when she saw everybody (myself included) crossing their fingers for the giveaway. Roundabout thanks to Zoomer!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by Smit-Dog
As for my wife, she has a girlfriend that moved out to San Francisco about 6-7 years ago, and although they are still close and keep in touch, they haven't seen each other since the move. Her and my wife have been friends since they were in elementary school - over 30 years. Well, since moving to Cali, my wife's friend has fought off a breast cancer scare, and multiple fertility problems. Finally, she is happy, healthy, and just had a baby girl a few months ago. I called my wife's friend out in California, and set up a trip. The last present my wife opened was box with blown up picture of the my wife's friend, the Golden Gate bridge, a brochure on San Francisco, and an airline ticket for a 5 day trip. She leaves January 15th (without kids!).

:worship:   You are one COOL DUDE!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by thumbs
I got a lump of coal and a wooden shoe.

Poor Tony. All you needed to round out your Christmas was a Chia Pet and a ball made of rubber bands. :(

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Scotts Steering Stabilizer (deeeluxe!)
2 XBox games (PGR2 and Crimson Skies)
OCC Beanie
Money Clip Wallet
Fox zip up Hoodie

Good Crimmus....

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Originally posted by jeffd
I got a hydraulic bike jack (the kind with wheels) so I can hoist and strap down the bike and move it around as I need to when I'm wrenching on it! :-)

-jeffd

Jeff, what kind did you get? I've been wanting to get one of those. What do you think of it?

Pix?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I got new Rossingnol ski's & bindings and Salomon Ellipse 8.0 boots. Nice. I alos got a foosball table. No moto stuff because I just buy all of that for myself all year long any way.

Christmas was good this year.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I never ask for anything but Q time with the kids & some of them special moments with my lady after they’re asleep, while doing the present wrapping. (Christmas Eve) You know expensive coffee a little baileys, quite music, surprise expensive shinny hidden trinkets, and me?
I bought wifey a new camcorder; this year they were a real value. The kids everything they wanted. (It’ll be June before that's paid off)
For me. Super Santa sent me a nice moose spray can holder for my shop, wifey, and lots of hug's and  let me go up north riding for two day's, The boy's, bought a pair of Joe rocket winter gloves and cruel back massager and my daughter hide under the tree a expensive box of chocolate covered cherries.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom